isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Changing Brier Format
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (4): « 1 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Maybe the Toronto Curling Association could do this...24 GTA clubs belong to it. Ricoh Centre would be perfect - but it is a very popular venue so the TCA would have to act now in order to get the Brier in a few years.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-12 09:03AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

No it's been converted into a luxury grocery store (Loblaws) that sells delicious cupcakes.

Maybe the sad sack Leafs could vacate the ACC for the brier. Celtichound & I could chair. ML can be player liaison.

Deal me in CB, but only under the current Brier format . (this is my lame attempt to get the thread back on track and stir up debate, I await my detractors).
As a side note, my oldest son is a manager at the MLG Loblaws.

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 03-09-12 09:07AM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound

Deal me in CB, but only under the current Brier format . (this is my lame attempt to get the thread back on track and stir up debate, I await my detractors).
As a side note, my oldest son is a manager at the MLG Loblaws.

Clean up on the Gilmour aisle!!

Code C at the Chief Armstrong deli....

20% off all items in the Dave Keon Floral dept.

Old Post 03-09-12 09:15AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Maybe the Toronto Curling Association could do this...24 GTA clubs belong to it. Ricoh Centre would be perfect - but it is a very popular venue so the TCA would have to act now in order to get the Brier in a few years.

Ricoh would be cozy for sure, I've been in there for a few events. I guess it would depend on what the CCA's minimum seating capacity is.

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...

Casey Stengel

Old Post 03-09-12 09:54AM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Clean up on the Gilmour aisle!!

Code C at the Chief Armstrong deli....

20% off all items in the Dave Keon Floral dept.

Funny guy ML

Casey Stengel

Old Post 03-09-12 09:57AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Yes that would be the way to go- it's what HACA did. But then you are splitting any profits 24 ways. I think that the days of filling 18000 seat arenas in Ontario are long gone anyway.

Old Post 03-09-12 10:01AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound
Ricoh would be cozy for sure, I've been in there for a few events. I guess it would depend on what the CCA's minimum seating capacity is.

Ricoh Centre seating capacity is listed as ~8100

Old Post 03-09-12 12:13PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

I posted as much a while back, but thanks for the info anyways .

Casey Stengel

Old Post 03-09-12 03:30PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

Definitely not big enough then. Bear in mind, CU Centre in 'toon holds 15,000 but only 11,000 & change for curling due to the lost seats for the media section.

Also, they tried to hold a Slam event in Ricoh 2-3 years ago; was deemed too small so they moved it to Mississauga; almost half the people who pre-bought tickets returned them for refund. Moving from central downtown locale to the sticks with no transit facility was sure good idea... typical Big Smoke thinking...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.234.66.119

Old Post 03-17-12 01:46PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Definitely not big enough then. Bear in mind, CU Centre in 'toon holds 15,000 but only 11,000 & change for curling due to the lost seats for the media section.

Also, they tried to hold a Slam event in Ricoh 2-3 years ago; was deemed too small so they moved it to Mississauga; almost half the people who pre-bought tickets returned them for refund. Moving from central downtown locale to the sticks with no transit facility was sure good idea... typical Big Smoke thinking...

The John Labatt Centre which hosted the London Brier is not a whole lot different in size than the Ricoh.

Old Post 03-17-12 02:25PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by duct_tape

The John Labatt Centre which hosted the London Brier is not a whole lot different in size than the Ricoh.

JLC- 9100

Old Post 03-17-12 03:41PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

No it wasn't the Ricoh but the gargantuan ACC that would have echoed with only the few who would occupy the seats. And no convenient place for a "patch" like set up.

Old Post 03-17-12 08:22PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
No it wasn't the Ricoh but the gargantuan ACC that would have echoed with only the few who would occupy the seats. And no convenient place for a "patch" like set up.

Union Station could be the patch.

Old Post 03-18-12 11:16AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote