isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Amber Holland's Team Breaking Up
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
leathalheathal

yes they would still keep the funding, but if you read the newspaper article, the lead is leaving to "start a family"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.200.64.65

Old Post 03-20-12 01:22PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheOne
Swing Artist

Does Nixon have a team yet? Maybe Amber will pull her back home. their reasons for leaving seem to have the same story line. Would be good for saskatchewan to regain one of their talented players lost to the west.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-12 02:07PM
TheOne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TheOne Click here to Send TheOne a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne Add TheOne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by TheOne
Does Nixon have a team yet? Maybe Amber will pull her back home. their reasons for leaving seem to have the same story line. Would be good for saskatchewan to regain one of their talented players lost to the west.

Thats one good option but Amy seems bent on skipping her own team. But who knows what might happen?

I suspect Holland just looked at the teams competing for the cherished Olympic berth and figured her team wasn't in the same league. She's probably right, judging from their putrid tour performances and weak showing at the Scotties.

Primary trials teams that are superior to Hollands old team include: 1. JJ, 2. Homan, 3. Scott, 4. larouche, 5. Carey, 6. Lawton, 7. Nedohin....

Holland's old team was more like Cathy O, Kelley Law, the low-key gal from Northern Ontario, Smith-Dacey, Heather Strong, etc. Good teams, just not enough oomph to do serious damage in a trials competition.

Old Post 03-20-12 02:15PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Re: Question

quote:
Originally posted by cdninusa
If the remaining 3 members of the team add a skip, do they get to keep the funding??
Just askin'

tHEY WOULD BUT hEATHER IS TAKING A BREAK TO SPEND TIME ON FAMILY SO IT WOULD ONLY BE THE TWO sCHNEIDER SISTERS. YOU NEED AT LEAST 3 MEMBERS OF THE TEAM TO KEEP THE POINTS

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 130.179.164.58

Old Post 03-20-12 02:17PM
Unregistered

I am so soryy. I did not realise the caps lock was on until I finished

Old Post 03-20-12 02:17PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TheOne

Amy does have a team. Nadine Chyz will throw third stones. The other 2 members were mentioned but I cant remember who they were

Old Post 03-20-12 02:20PM
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

I think they would. I recall reading that the funding would stay if the team kept three of four players. The issue in this case is that Heather Kalenchuk said she didn't want to commit to anything long-term so she could raise a family, so that was the end of that.

Stinks for the Schneider sisters, from that angle. They had the funding, and now they're gonna lose it.

Old Post 03-20-12 02:47PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I don't believe Holland's primary concern with Tammy Schneider and Heather Kalenchuk was shotmaking ability (allthough this was probably part of the equation), but I believe it was lack of conditioning at the front end positions. How do you become Team Canada, get $18,000/year/player to assist with such things as training and come into the 2011/12 curling season out-of-shape? Mind Boggling!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.174.134.2

Old Post 03-20-12 03:57PM
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

Yeah Holland/Lawton would be amazing, but like someone already said I doubt that will happen, I can't imagine Stefanie moving to third. Jolene Campbell makes more sense as third. She's been the alternate for Amber the last 2 Scotties so she knows their team's system. And when she came in this year I thought she was the best player on the ice for Team Canada (maybe besides Amber).

I think this was the right move for Amber. Heather was a great lead but her reasons for leaving is understandable. The Schnieder sisters looked awful this year and last year they were very inconsistent. Amber is such a great curler I think she deserves team mates that are as good and steady as she is, so she doesn't have to make circus shots constantly to get the team out of trouble. I would love to see her win some more titles!

Old Post 03-20-12 04:51PM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingmad

I agree… makes sense that Jolene and Amber hookup and it would make a good backend for sure. Hey, breakups are hard anytime, but this is the perfect time to do it for them. You can’t curl a whole season with doubts or dislikes in your head. Don’t think Amber would leave SK, as she does have a job and too many commitments… but hey, we’d love to have her in AB.

I hear there is a young rink from Lethbridge that just lost their third.

Old Post 03-20-12 05:01PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

My crazy theory...
Amber picks up Kelly Wood (Eve Muirhead's old third). She lives in Swift Current now.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.103.184.76

Old Post 03-21-12 04:49PM
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
My crazy theory...
Amber picks up Kelly Wood (Eve Muirhead's old third). She lives in Swift Current now.

Does she have Canadian Citizenship?

Old Post 03-21-12 05:51PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

That I don't know. Do you need citizenship or is residency enough? I know she is pretty conflicted about the thought of possibly competing for Canada. Canada was always the team she wanted to beat growing up.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.103.184.76

Old Post 03-21-12 05:55PM
Dackle
Hitting Paint

according to an article in which Kelly Wood is interviewed, she would need to be a Canadian citizen to curl at the Scotties and that takes three years. She says she is conflicted about curling for Canada.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports...7672/story.html

Last edited by Dackle on 03-21-12 at 07:34PM

Old Post 03-21-12 07:32PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by duct_tape

By breaking up the team, they walked away from over $72,000 in funding for next season.

..... Checkmate

Not necessarily

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/ S...3159/story.html

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.131.200

Old Post 03-22-12 10:12PM
Unregistered

try again:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/ S...3159/story.html

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.131.200

Old Post 03-22-12 10:14PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Funding+remains+picture+Team+Holland/6333869/story.html

Try this

Old Post 03-22-12 11:06PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

it would be easier just to say what the article said

"They would need to find a squad that is looking for players and is among the top 10 on the Canadian Team Ranking System (CTRS).

"I can't do that,'' Holland said with a laugh. "I'm held to a higher standard in the curling world because of where I work. It's basically Saskatchewan people that I would have to create a team with.'

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Fu...l#ixzz1puEFwH2T
"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 67.193.198.201

Old Post 03-22-12 11:14PM
linz
Harvey Hacksmasher

Per Murray McCormick (writer for the Regina Leader-Post)on twitter, Amber Holland's new team will consist of Holland, Jolene Campbell, Dailene Sivertson, and Brooklyn Lemon (skipped the U of Regina team to the 2010 Universiade).

Old Post 04-15-12 05:32PM
linz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for linz Click here to Send linz a Private Message Find more posts by linz Add linz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by linz
Per Murray McCormick (writer for the Regina Leader-Post)on twitter, Amber Holland's new team will consist of Holland, Jolene Campbell, Dailene Sivertson, and Brooklyn Lemon (skipped the U of Regina team to the 2010 Universiade).

I think this is a good team for Holland, glad to see she has joined with Campbell, they are great together. Not too familiar with Lemon, but Sivertson performed well with Kelly Scott this past year.

Old Post 04-16-12 11:58AM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Thats a really nice team (on paper)

I think the only people unhappy with it would be the Schneider sisters and Team Lawton....

Lawton couldn't even get by the feeble Michelle Englot so I doubt she'll be able to handle Holland's new team - especially if Campbell performs as advertised and the front end morphs into a solid unit!

Congrats to Amber for thinking outside the box and also realizing her win over JJ was nothing more than a fluke - and that 99.5% of the responsibilty for that Scotts win was Amber's unbelievable shot-making and JJ's team coming unravelled in late ends.

Old Post 04-16-12 12:15PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

I think the only people unhappy with it would be the Schneider sisters and Team Lawton....

Lawton couldn't even get by the feeble Michelle Englot so I doubt she'll be able to handle Holland's new team - especially if Campbell performs as advertised and the front end morphs into a solid unit!

Congrats to Amber for thinking outside the box and also realizing her win over JJ was nothing more than a fluke - and that 99.5% of the responsibilty for that Scotts win was Amber's unbelievable shot-making and JJ's team coming unravelled in late ends.

So, I guess JJ's Scotts wins in 2005 and 2010 were nothing more than a fluke.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 42.98.44.52

Old Post 04-16-12 01:06PM
alex
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

So, I guess JJ's Scotts wins in 2005 and 2010 were nothing more than a fluke.

I have a hunch ML won't agree with you.

Old Post 04-16-12 01:21PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Michelle's teams certainly have seemed feeble the past few times they have gotten to the nationals, but less so in the provincials where they have been at their best against good competition. Lawton team seems pretty solid overall but Stephanie perhaps a notch below the top skips in the country and does not seem to have the clutch draw weight needed to win at the national / international level.

Anyways, a pretty good group of shotmakers that Amber has assembled and it will be interesting to see how they evolve as a team.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 71.17.238.252

Old Post 04-16-12 01:57PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Michelle's teams certainly have seemed feeble the past few times they have gotten to the nationals, but less so in the provincials where they have been at their best against good competition. Lawton team seems pretty solid overall but Stephanie perhaps a notch below the top skips in the country and does not seem to have the clutch draw weight needed to win at the national / international level.

Anyways, a pretty good group of shotmakers that Amber has assembled and it will be interesting to see how they evolve as a team.

Perhaps its time for Lana Vey to come out of her shell and start tossing last puck.
She's a tremendous curler - liked her the minute she was tossing daggers for Jan Betker, last time Jan competed at the Scotts.
Perhaps, Lana & Englot should switch positions. Better idea is for Lana to move over to Team Lawton and replace the ageing vet, Sherry ANderson. . . . perhaps even letting Vey toss last rocks and have Stef throw third stones.
Failing that, convince Jan Betker to make one big final horkin' run and let her toss third stones (her natural position) for Lana....

Old Post 04-16-12 04:55PM