isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Heather Nedohin's Sour Grapes
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingmad

Not sure it was mentioned but did anyone notice the last game Tue night... CDN played SWE late game and both teams curled early the next morn. CDN was 4 down aft 9 and they played it out till they were math elim... now that was not showing much class to a world class team in my opinion. I know I didn't feel that good watching my team keep going... but maybe Heather was trying to get SWE tired out, but it didn't work if that was her objective.

What the hell are you smoking? Worst excuse for a post I have seen in some time!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-12 03:52PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlingmad

Not sure it was mentioned but did anyone notice the last game Tue night... CDN played SWE late game and both teams curled early the next morn. CDN was 4 down aft 9 and they played it out till they were math elim... now that was not showing much class to a world class team in my opinion. I know I didn't feel that good watching my team keep going... but maybe Heather was trying to get SWE tired out, but it didn't work if that was her objective.

OMG - ridiculous!

But anyway, as the feature game shown on TSN, they have to play at least eight ends.

Old Post 03-26-12 04:48PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

TSN can dictate the number of ends that must be played in a particular game in a round robin draw?

I know tournament rules can require a minimum number of ends, but it surprises me that they allow a broadcaster to have a separate requirement for "such and such game on Sheet X", just because they are featuring it.

Old Post 03-26-12 04:59PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

If curling wants broadcast revenue, they have to meet the broadcasters halfway. There's no way TSN would agree to show a game if the players could suddenly end it half an hour early.

You could perhaps impose the TV restriction on all games regardless of coverage, but the only way you'll ever get more than an amateur UStream feed of the game is to guarantee enough game time to make it worth their while.

Old Post 03-26-12 08:37PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Just weight the prize money so that the winner of end 8 9 10 gets $1000 per end. Like in the skins game

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

Old Post 03-26-12 08:43PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote