isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - 2012 World Women's Curling Championship
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wakwak
Harvey Hacksmasher

Super shot by Super Miri!
EXTREMELY Very well played game by both teams...exciting!

Too bad Maria Prytz didn't have draw weight. Must be heart breaking for this Swedish team just to always come up short in the finals.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-12 11:16PM
wakwak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakwak Click here to Send wakwak a Private Message Find more posts by wakwak Add wakwak to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Harvey Hacksmasher

Very good game. Excellent to see it won on a made tough shot,

Old Post 03-26-12 02:01AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I'll be watching for a video clip of the final shot I've heard so much about. Am surfing for that now. All I know is it was a difficult chip and lay for two. If you see a clip, please pm me or post it here. Tnx.

update: found it on TSN.
update: thanks biterbar. Got a sense of Mirjam's ecstasy. Hard earned well deserved.

Last edited by nelski on 03-26-12 at 12:49PM

Old Post 03-26-12 11:20AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Biterbar

You can see the shot in the video portion of this website as well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.196.96.198

Old Post 03-26-12 11:52AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Well played game. Fantastic final shot. Congrats to a long deserving champion in Ott. I was really pulling for her in 10, after both her last 2 stones in 9 hurt them more than helped them.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 69.25.39.22

Old Post 03-26-12 02:44PM
China Supporter
Drawmaster

A time of reflection...

First off congrats to Miriam for winning the WWCCs first for Switzerland since 1983. To make the gusty shot in the 10th shows that this team was playing for keeps that Sunday evening.

That week was a significant wake up call for the Chinese ladies let alone for me. I had some interesting observations over the last 10 days.

Before Lethbridge, both Chinese Teams were bunkered in Morris, Mantioba to train with the Hambleins. There was a call out for competitive teams to play against Team Wang and Team Rui before going to Grand Prairie. If there was a time to tinker with the lineups that would have been it...

In Grande Prairie, the lineup tinkering continued... It came out that Susan (Yue Qingshaung) was benched in favour of Lisa (Liu Jinli) and Sherri (Sun Yue).

In Lethbridge, we saw for the first time since 2002, Jenny (Zhou Yan) holding the broom at Vice for Betty. Coach Raphael menioned in the Curling Show once that he despised how the Chinese Curling Association ran practices making Jenny just throw draws, guards and picks as she was Lead while the others did other drills.

Now, NO ONE other than 1 unregistered poster had the ladies finish in the bottom 4. Heck they finished worse than the predicted 4 and 7... But none of those 8 losses were more than 2 points, with the infamous "7 to 5" showing up 6 times!!!

Betty's % was actually 4th in the WWCCs while Jenny played exceptionally well for Vice including 1 perfect game against Denmark. Lisa was shaky at Second while Sherri did okay at lead.

People in China think that Susan was hurt and could not play. I hope that she's okay but personally I think her pride took a beating when the mainstay at 2nd got sent to the bench and was pulled after 2 ends in the Sweden matchup.

Everyone here and in Betty's post game interviews talked about Liu Yin coming back. She is now a new mom (baby girl) with a husband and studying/possibly living in the USA. I would rather find another Liu Yin to replace her at vice.

I though that the 2010 PACC lineup the Flowers went with was good to go in Lethbridge. Susan remained throwing 2nd but would hold the broom for Betty. Sherri threw 3rd stones while Jenny and Lisa split Lead duties.

I am willing to go into a 2012-2013 season with this lineup...

5th: Lisa (Liu Jinli)
Lead: Sherri (Sun Yue)
2nd: Susan (Yue Qingshaung)
Vice: Jenny (Zhou Yan)
Skip: Betty (Wang Bingyu)

There are Jr. Women Curlers like Zhang Chung Mei, Jiang Yilun, Wang Rui, She Qingtong & Liu Sijia who can pickup the torch and continue with fight with the other senior curlers.

Howeber, maybe it's time for the Chinese Curling Association to split this squad. Have Susan form a team with some jr. curlers and give Betty a run for her money.

I spoke to Betty and she felt bad about what happened. Her team had the bad breaks and each opponent capitalized on them. The Ladies have Provincial and National tourneys left to finish their season.

That's my .02, hope the Flowers learn from this and rebound next season.

Old Post 03-29-12 03:05PM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Where were you hiding during the worlds CS?

Old Post 03-29-12 08:47PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
China Supporter
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Where were you hiding during the worlds CS?

Licking my wounds... Watching the WWCCs, getting annoyed with the 7 to 5 results. I have to admit that I could have turned off the tv and curlcast like I did in 2010 when it was reported that Betty "did not" want to play against Eve.

I'll will say this about the Flowers, their will is stronger now and I think they will rebound next year. I spoke with Betty yesterday and she is not dwelling on the result. They'll learn from this.

Old Post 03-30-12 10:17AM
China Supporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for China Supporter Click here to Send China Supporter a Private Message Find more posts by China Supporter Add China Supporter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

the chinese team has gotten horribly inconsistent since that 2008/2009 period

2008- silver
2009- gold
2010 - 7th
2011 - bronze
2012 - 11th

I am sure they will be extremely motivated to come back next year and do well however they basically have to medal if they have any chance at all of getting to the olympics directly. A top 5 finish wont be good enough if the top 7 teams of this year can at least finish somewhere close to the positions they did this year.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 130.179.164.58

Old Post 03-30-12 10:38AM
China Supporter
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
the chinese team has gotten horribly inconsistent since that 2008/2009 period

2008- silver
2009- gold
2010 - 7th/ Bronze in Vancouver
2011 - bronze
2012 - 11th

I am sure they will be extremely motivated to come back next year and do well however they basically have to medal if they have any chance at all of getting to the olympics directly. A top 5 finish wont be good enough if the top 7 teams of this year can at least finish somewhere close to the positions they did this year.

A little omission there Unregistered...

I wonder if the ladies are intimidated playing at the worlds in Canada. Other than the 08 Silver, they have never finished higher than 5th.

Let's see how they do in Latvia...

Old Post 03-30-12 11:05AM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

The problem with the Chinese womens team is they seem to regard Jennifer Jones as unbeatable. They lose virtually everytime they play her, and admit in press conferences they are afraid of her. Yet Jones is nowhere near being the best in the World currently. So if you already set yourself below someone who is far from being #1, that puts you even further away from it, and pretty far down the list. Once they accept a team like Jennifer Jones is not that good and they should be beating her like so many others already do, they can set their sights on moving up on the many better teams.

Old Post 04-03-12 05:26PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses
The problem with the Chinese womens team is they seem to regard Jennifer Jones as unbeatable. They lose virtually everytime they play her, and admit in press conferences they are afraid of her. Yet Jones is nowhere near being the best in the World currently. So if you already set yourself below someone who is far from being #1, that puts you even further away from it, and pretty far down the list. Once they accept a team like Jennifer Jones is not that good and they should be beating her like so many others already do, they can set their sights on moving up on the many better teams.

Personally, I don't thing Lady Bang Bang regards JJ as a MONSTER, (ie. unbeatable) - its just that they let her dictate the terms of the match and in that scenario there are few teams that can handle Jones when she's in total control.

Jones is usually a round-robin monster and then crawls into the check-out lane during playoffs, especially when her last two batches of thirds ended up dying on the vine.

Jones is usually beaten by superior curling and a skip who can match JJ, shot for shot and tick for tat - ie. Amber Holland slithering all over the ice at last year's Scotts and this year, Sash Carter destroying KT Lawes and then Iskiw tormenting Lawes in the semi-final.

JOnes is still the best overall team in Canada - but she's very vulnerable, especially in playoff matchups!

Old Post 04-03-12 05:57PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
China Supporter
Drawmaster

WCF Curling Profile: Bingyu Wang

Funny that someone else found this before me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3euV94jOcE

She's openly honest and it's hard not to like her. Well I'm biased but better that she was profiled over "Jessica" Kim.

My favourite line from Betty, "I enjoy being the skip, because it's umm don't need sweep. I just standing there and hold the broom and call the line..."

Betty's never going to be that stereotypical Communist proletariat and that's what I enjoy following her curling career.

Old Post 04-04-12 10:05PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

I think its hard for Curlers to be objective when assessing world events. Personally, I'm guessing Canada wins a bronze medal this year. Roughly speaking, I think they have a rollercoaster week, scratch their way into the playoffs, and lose one of their playoff games. So anywhere from silver to losing a tie break. In other words, I'm less confidant in this team then most Canadians. I personally think they haven't nearly peaked yet in terms of their potential.

I would say if they catch some breaks they might win gold, but I also think they could miss the playoffs. They just don't have the track record to really know.

I'm also predicting Glenn Howard wins the Brier and dominates the world championship, ending all the talk about poor results.
Not many players could match that world event record if he succeeds.

If I'm wrong, so be it. I though J. Jones would win the Scotties but I never expected K. Lawes to lose her game at the end.

Nine Ender

BINGO. Glenn wins gold after dominating the RR, Heather gets bronze after a rollercoaster RR.

Old Post 04-10-12 12:01AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Click here to Send Nine Ender a Private Message Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

<Sarcasm on>Well yes, when your prediction for women's includes possible bronze, silver, losing a tie breaker, miss the playoffs or might win gold. Are all of the bases covered? You missed possible female hernia, landing Nedohin in a Swiss hospital. <\Sarcasm off>
Whew, you were so bang on!

Old Post 04-10-12 07:54AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

BINGO. Glenn wins gold after dominating the RR, Heather gets bronze after a rollercoaster RR.

You are such a child, it's funny really. You go out of your way to prove that you were right about something

what do you expect posters on here to do exactly?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 04-10-12 08:42AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
<Sarcasm on>Well yes, when your prediction for women's includes possible bronze, silver, losing a tie breaker, miss the playoffs or might win gold. Are all of the bases covered? You missed possible female hernia, landing Nedohin in a Swiss hospital. <\Sarcasm off>

I said bronze medal. Clearly. You should consider a reading comprehension course.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.253.214.112

Old Post 04-10-12 01:47PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke

My first paragraph was the best analysis of their chances on this site. If you can find a better one please quote it. To claim a finish was iron clad would have been stupid.

Glenn was more straightforward. The doubting on this site has always exceeded the support. Rather ironic given they had one of the greatest runs in Curling history. I have no reservation pointing this out, because when a team is shackled unfairly with a "choker label" for years on here. I'll take EVERY opportunity to point out how silly this forum can get harping on a few isolated games in a sport not designed for domination.

Old Post 04-10-12 02:20PM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Click here to Send Nine Ender a Private Message Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

My first paragraph was the best analysis of their chances on this site. If you can find a better one please quote it. To claim a finish was iron clad would have been stupid.

Glenn was more straightforward. The doubting on this site has always exceeded the support. Rather ironic given they had one of the greatest runs in Curling history. I have no reservation pointing this out, because when a team is shackled unfairly with a "choker label" for years on here. I'll take EVERY opportunity to point out how silly this forum can get harping on a few isolated games in a sport not designed for domination.

funny how your the only one on here who's mentioned it in a while and now can't seem to shut up about it

I still dont know exactly what your waiting for

Old Post 04-10-12 04:48PM
Unregistered

more importantly why are you even talking about it here, in the WOMENS world championship thread.

Old Post 04-10-12 04:49PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

funny how your the only one on here who's mentioned it in a while and now can't seem to shut up about it

I still dont know exactly what your waiting for

Funny how a little two line post got you all worked up.
I'm not waiting for anything. Did you really expect all the critics of Howard's play would pipe in now ? Most of the posters on this site are obsessed with Western Canadian based teams. Their already talking about Kelly Scott and Jennifer Jones. Almost nothing about Rachel Homan. Rachel has as good a chance as either of those teams to win next year.

Oh well. I predict Homan will win the Scotties next year.
I love a good "underdog".

Old Post 04-10-12 05:25PM
Unregistered

quote:

Funny how a little two line post got you all worked up.
I'm not waiting for anything. Did you really expect all the critics of Howard's play would pipe in now ? Most of the posters on this site are obsessed with Western Canadian based teams. Their already talking about Kelly Scott and Jennifer Jones. Almost nothing about Rachel Homan. Rachel has as good a chance as either of those teams to win next year.

Oh well. I predict Homan will win the Scotties next year.
I love a good "underdog".

I just don't know why you have to keep going on about it. No one on here continues to bring this up but you. People came in here and congratulated him and that's all you can ask for

I get the feeling you want all the Howard haters to come on here and apologize for saying those things and then personally congradulate you for picking him as the winner.

I do agree that the speculation about who will win the scotties and the canadian trials next year is completely rediculous.However your prediction of Rachel winning is just as pointless and silly. At this point who knows, it's possible that NONE of them will be there including Rachel Homan.

Lets wait and see what the field for the scotties even looks like before we pick a winner. Its been proven in the past that bveing a favorite going into the olympic trials really doent mean alot. If it did Kelly scott would have won in 2005 and Jenniffer would have in 2010.

Old Post 04-10-12 05:32PM
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:

I just don't know why you have to keep going on about it. No one on here continues to bring this up but you. People came in here and congratulated him and that's all you can ask for

I get the feeling you want all the Howard haters to come on here and apologize for saying those things and then personally congradulate you for picking him as the winner.

I do agree that the speculation about who will win the scotties and the canadian trials next year is completely rediculous.However your prediction of Rachel winning is just as pointless and silly. At this point who knows, it's possible that NONE of them will be there including Rachel Homan.

Lets wait and see what the field for the scotties even looks like before we pick a winner. Its been proven in the past that bveing a favorite going into the olympic trials really doent mean alot. If it did Kelly scott would have won in 2005 and Jenniffer would have in 2010.

I don't really care what the Howard critics do, its not important to me. He won the event mere days ago, this is hardly old news.

I'm still picking Homan to win next year. I thought I'd get in early before the rush.

Old Post 04-10-12 05:52PM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

Nobody that I have noticed anyway on this site has denied Glenn Howard and his team's greatness. Just saying it is a shame he didnt win more of this finals as someone who is good enough to have made 6 of the last 7 Brier finals, and 3 straight Brier finals with his last "dream team" (which he was a 3rd for, rather than skip of course) should have won more than 33% of those. The competition is always hard but someone who is so great they make that many finals should win more than that, especialy as he was only playing a Kevin Martin type in 1 of those Brier finals. Now just imagine if he had won 5 or 6 of those 9 instead of 3 of 9, which isnt an unreasonable (in fact still stingy) expectation for someone good enough to have made 9 Brier finals with 2 of the greatest teams ever, and who is unbeaten at Worlds, especialy with his perfect record at Worlds, what his record would be like now.

He does seem to have a bit of problem with nerves on big occasions still. His play in big finals, with exceptions like this years Brier and the 2007 World finals, are consistently below what he is capable of, but he is so strong, and his teams so strong, they are still hard to beat. Even the World final this year he was definitely not totally on, but managed to eke out the win anyway. That plus his mental block he still seems to have with playing Kevin Martin at the Brier or Olympic Trials, almost always losing, despite that he beats him atleast half the time on the World Curling tour and in other events. If he conquered that he would be unbeatable.

Last edited by KittyHisses on 04-12-12 at 05:07PM

Old Post 04-12-12 05:04PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

not necessarily so - edited edition

Last edited by fresca on 04-12-12 at 06:09PM

Old Post 04-12-12 05:11PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote