isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Fry to Jacobs
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Fry to Jacobs

Gerry just tweeted that Ryan Fry is going to curl with Brad Jacobs. So he's leaving one rock for another. A couple of tough guys together.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-05-12 12:07PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Who is off Jacobs team to make room?

Old Post 04-05-12 12:08PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssrulle
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi
Who is off Jacobs team to make room?

Scott is leaving the team. Brad is going to Skip, Ryan Fry will play third, EJ is moving to second and Ryan Harnden is moving to lead.

Old Post 04-05-12 12:26PM
ssrulle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssrulle Click here to Send ssrulle a Private Message Find more posts by ssrulle Add ssrulle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Well that's an interesting combination..and one totally out of left field

seriously who could have seen this one coming?

Old Post 04-05-12 12:32PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Feel bad for Brad Jacobs, this is a horrible pick up for him, and i think that he will notice it in the house and when he goes to throw as EJ was very good at both things. POOR MOVE BRAD.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.115.217.222

Old Post 04-05-12 04:15PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Better if Ryan played 2nd..... IMO

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 83.100.214.97

Old Post 04-05-12 04:37PM
Unregistered

Not really sure about it myself but I think Ryan will fit in just fine. EJ is pretty good at calling line but Ryan is probably better at set up style of shots then EJ so if the chemistry is good this could work well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 04-05-12 04:39PM
Unregistered

ummm, yikes.........Hasn't Fry always said that Northern Ontario shouldn't be at the brier, now he curling out there. Don't think this is a good fit....gotta wait and see tho.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.26.209.230

Old Post 04-05-12 07:13PM
deep_freeze
Hitting Paint

Team Biceps.

Old Post 04-05-12 07:38PM
deep_freeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deep_freeze Click here to Send deep_freeze a Private Message Find more posts by deep_freeze Add deep_freeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Eddy Haskell, say hello to Popeye!

Popeye, say hello to Eddy Haskell!

Old Post 04-05-12 10:11PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Smart move by Jacobs as Fry will bring a ton of experience and skill to the squad. Team Jacobs has another fan!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.112.219.61

Old Post 04-05-12 11:13PM
Unregistered

I will will predict rigt now (although I;ve been sayin' it for years), as Brad Gushue found out the hard way -- no team with Ryan Fry on it will win anything of importance!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.234.66.119

Old Post 04-05-12 11:40PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I will will predict rigt now (although I;ve been sayin' it for years), as Brad Gushue found out the hard way -- no team with Ryan Fry on it will win anything of importance!

Lol. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. The rest of us that know curlers and curling know different.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.112.219.61

Old Post 04-06-12 12:00AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

The three major auto-berth provinces are Newfoundland, Northern Ontario and Koeville. Ryan is now 2/3 of the way thru his trifecta. (ie. repping in every one of the auto-berths)

Old Post 04-06-12 01:57AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Ryan Fry glides into the Brier riding JStoughton's coat tails.
Team MB does not win.
Fry moves to NFLD where Gushue dominates.
Team NL does not win.

Hmm.
fresca gets offended. No one is sure why?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.48.2.4

Old Post 04-06-12 06:07AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

i dont get offended - i get even - and ill get more details too
ip .125 shaw calgary
1p .116 ubc west coast hudson bay
ip .119 etobicoke toronto
ip .4 wellington new zealand

Old Post 04-06-12 06:29AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harvey Hacksmasher

I love it when people write posts saying a previous poster does not know what they are talking about when they themselves present no basis for their positions confirming they too do not know what they are talking about.

Normally this occurs in elementary school when kids just call each other 'doody heads' because they have not developed the ability to debate intelligently yet. Nice to see that some people never grow up.

Fry does not help Jacobs, does not make them better. That is not out of a "dislike" for him as some might suggest or because I am a "meany" as some others would suggest. It is based on his track record. There is nothing in his track record to indicate he brings anything to the table will help that team be better.
Let the name calling begin.

Old Post 04-06-12 12:07PM
67 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 67 Click here to Send 67 a Private Message Find more posts by 67 Add 67 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

nice shades dude ru12?

Old Post 04-06-12 01:31PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
nice shades dude ru12?

No 42 actually, but thanks for proving my point, back to the school yard.

Old Post 04-06-12 03:14PM
67 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 67 Click here to Send 67 a Private Message Find more posts by 67 Add 67 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
i dont get offended - i get even - and ill get more details too
ip .125 shaw calgary
1p .116 ubc west coast hudson bay
ip .119 etobicoke toronto
ip .4 wellington new zealand

What's your point?
Just because you can look up where an IP originates makes you...what?
You sound as pissy as UYK.

I do not hate Fry, but like 67 said, his track record does not make him a top third or second. Not even in the top 10.

Last edited by CaptMorgan on 04-06-12 at 03:37PM

Old Post 04-06-12 03:24PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

The Brooks Banditos are reunited in Team Jacobs according to Team Jacobs tweet: ‏ @TeamBradJacobs

Steve Gould will be our #CCA mentor next season - lucky 2 have such an experienced & talented guy in our corner & 2 learn from #ready2learn

Next tweet said he'd participate in select events next season.

Old Post 04-06-12 03:53PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

my point is 67 and morgan and the other 4 probably dont own a broom and so before you all make snide remarks you should have the guts to sign your names - surely you arent ashamed of your comments..

secondly by posting ips it discourages anyone but twits from piling on with more mean comments

thirdly it gives me something to do - rtrr - rattling the riff raff

Old Post 04-06-12 04:18PM
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

quote:
my point is 67 and morgan and the other 4 probably dont own a broom and so before you all make snide remarks you should have the guts to sign your names - surely you arent ashamed of your comments..

secondly by posting ips it discourages anyone but twits from piling on with more mean comments

This is you getting even?

Old Post 04-06-12 04:35PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

I am curious jackwagon where you see snide remarks in my comments regarding Fry going to Jacobs. I would also be very interested in how my disagreeing with you somehow reflects on my knowledge of curling. I have never been ashamed of any comment made on this site and never will be, you on the other hand have a books worth of commentary that would cause anyone with an ounce of dignity to hide their head in shame.

Your posting IP's does nothing except in your own little sad world boss. Which is again confirmed by you being so desperate for something to do you actually gave it a name, "rtrr" now that is classic.

Oh my goodness my IP is going to be posted I bet.

Old Post 04-06-12 05:27PM
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by 67
I am curious jackwagon where you see snide remarks in my comments regarding Fry going to Jacobs. I would also be very interested in how my disagreeing with you somehow reflects on my knowledge of curling. I have never been ashamed of any comment made on this site and never will be,

I admire your ability to stand by your words. And it takes a lot of guts to have a Keanu Reeves avatar too.

Old Post 04-06-12 05:34PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote