isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - 2012 Mens World Championships
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
decade
Super Rockchucker

The VOD of the china game is on the TSN web site now- you can go and just watch the last end if you want to see what went down.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-05-12 06:01PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
The VOD of the china game is on the TSN web site now- you can go and just watch the last end if you want to see what went down.

But ... but ... but it's so much easier to just assume the sky is falling!

Old Post 04-05-12 08:11PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

Seriously, though, having watched that final end:

If Scott Howard's two shots had been a touch better (i.e. not leaving a corner guard on the first, and not leaving a center guard on the second), there wouldn't have even been a real shot at two for China.

Also, if the ice conditions hadn't deteriorated so badly, Canada would not have been so conservative on their hits in the final end and would have likely had a double at some point to reduce the scoring to one (at best).

So yeah, a very conventional final end that emphasized winning over style points.

Old Post 04-05-12 08:26PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Hooper

But ... but ... but it's so much easier to just assume the sky is falling!

That is the CZ poster way

Old Post 04-05-12 08:28PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Seriously, though, having watched that final end:

If Scott Howard's two shots had been a touch better (i.e. not leaving a corner guard on the first, and not leaving a center guard on the second), there wouldn't have even been a real shot at two for China.

Also, if the ice conditions hadn't deteriorated so badly, Canada would not have been so conservative on their hits in the final end and would have likely had a double at some point to reduce the scoring to one (at best).

So yeah, a very conventional final end that emphasized winning over style points.

That was my analysis as well.

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-05-12 10:26PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound

That was my analysis as well.

I gotta be honest, though; I do enjoy watching the elite curlers face nonideal conditions from time to time. It's good to see them have to adjust and take ice conditions into account, kinda like how it's fun to watch a pro football game in mud or snow.

Old Post 04-05-12 10:37PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

so the next game on tv is Sunday 3 am toronto time - the page playoff 3 v4 ?? but it says 1 am on my tv?

then 8 am and 2 pm sun

then 5 am bronze mon and 10 am gold on monday

sweden now 10 - 2

Old Post 04-06-12 09:59AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

My Shaw cable shows page playoff at 1a.m. Saturday, page playoff at 6a.m. Saturday, semi-final at noon Saturday, final 8a.m. Sunday (all MST) on TSNHD.

No broadcast of the NZ-Sweden tie-breaker?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 96.53.226.166

Old Post 04-06-12 10:11AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Incomplete TV coverage to be sure.

Wouldn't be surprised if Brewski lays a stone-cold stunner on Howards tonite! But the Scots will have to curl up some kind of K-Mart storm to derail the canucks. Get early control and force Howard to a precision chase!

Old Post 04-06-12 10:13AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:

I gotta be honest, though; I do enjoy watching the elite curlers face nonideal conditions from time to time. It's good to see them have to adjust and take ice conditions into account, kinda like how it's fun to watch a pro football game in mud or snow.

I fully expected to see them break out the snow shovels at some point.

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...

Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-06-12 10:20AM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ObsessiveCurler
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
My Shaw cable shows page playoff at 1a.m. Saturday, page playoff at 6a.m. Saturday, semi-final at noon Saturday, final 8a.m. Sunday (all MST) on TSNHD.

No broadcast of the NZ-Sweden tie-breaker?

I just checked the TSN.ca broadcast schedule and they have now cut off the 3-4 Game from their schedule.

Old Post 04-06-12 10:32AM
ObsessiveCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ObsessiveCurler Click here to Send ObsessiveCurler a Private Message Find more posts by ObsessiveCurler Add ObsessiveCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

tsn.ca still shows 5 games including the 3 -4

Old Post 04-06-12 10:38AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ObsessiveCurler
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
tsn.ca still shows 5 games including the 3 -4

You're looking at tthis
I'm looking at this

Old Post 04-06-12 10:41AM
ObsessiveCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ObsessiveCurler Click here to Send ObsessiveCurler a Private Message Find more posts by ObsessiveCurler Add ObsessiveCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

This is copied directly from the TSN website schedule

Apr 7 3:00am - Page Playoff 3 vs. 4
8:00am - Page Playoff 1 vs. 2
2:00pm - Semi-Final
Apr 8 5:00am - Bronze Medal+
10:00am - Final -

+ - Only if Canada is playing

Schedule Subject To Change

Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-06-12 10:51AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Nice little advantage to the winner of he 3-4 in terms of time off before the semi.

Old Post 04-06-12 10:54AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

lol - so once canada wasnt in the page 3-4 game they cancel the coverage ?
too bad they dont give us the feed without comment - if they change their minds ill go out and buy $50 of Tim's , 48 rolls of scot and some cheese cake from m&m

Old Post 04-06-12 11:00AM
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Nice little advantage to the winner of he 3-4 in terms of time off before the semi.

Time for a mini vacation, why not!!!!

Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-06-12 11:11AM
albetts
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
lol - - if they change their minds ill go out and buy $50 of Tim's , 48 rolls of scot and some cheese cake from m&m

Are you saying you haven't done that yet? lol I stopped for a coffee at Tims the other day. I bought the scott paper when the scotties was on and I bought a cheese cake for dinner today. I'm pretty much covered aren't I? Looking forward to the next games that are covered on TV. Have a good one.

Old Post 04-06-12 11:15AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
il1960
Harvey Hacksmasher

Sweden's coach

Anyone know of any other top male team having a female coach? Edin has Eva Lund, former teammate of Anette Norberg. They had Marcus Hasselborg as coach in the europeans. I figure Peja didn't like the idea of having the skip of one of the two main contenders on home soil as coach.

Old Post 04-06-12 03:11PM
il1960 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for il1960 Click here to Send il1960 a Private Message Find more posts by il1960 Add il1960 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
valkyrie svy
Harvey Hacksmasher

Depends what you mean by top team. Nova Scotia and Ssakatchewan both had female coaches at the Brier this year.

Old Post 04-06-12 06:02PM
valkyrie svy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for valkyrie svy Click here to Send valkyrie svy a Private Message Find more posts by valkyrie svy Add valkyrie svy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
il1960
Harvey Hacksmasher

I guess any team playing in the Brier would be considered a top team, at least compared to most other countries teams. Was just curious, can't remember seeing it at europeans, worlds or olympics. Anyway, I think Eva, with her experience, can be good for the team

Old Post 04-06-12 07:38PM
il1960 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for il1960 Click here to Send il1960 a Private Message Find more posts by il1960 Add il1960 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Congrats to Sweden for playing so well without Nik. A very talented team.
Canada does not seem to be playing as sharp this morning. Forced to take another single in 6.

Old Post 04-07-12 09:36AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

It took Scotty Brewster a real hi-risk 5th end but he did it and now its "Chase" Howard, probably down to the final brick.

Exactly what Scotland had to do - force the hi-octane canadian team into 'THE CHASE' and now in the 7th thats exactly whats transpiring.

CHASE = OVER-PRECISION which is difficult under the severe pressure, odd ice and TV lites.

Don't like the sour look on Wayne Middaugh's face - he knows his team is in a difficult chase against a competent squad.

Old Post 04-07-12 09:48AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Congrats to Sweden for playing so well without Nik. A very talented team.
Canada does not seem to be playing as sharp this morning. Forced to take another single in 6.

I knew Oskar was a great young talent but I didn't know how he'd perform here, turns out he has done very well.

I think it would be a great story if they made the final and maybe even won the whole thing maybe as a kind og honor to niklas

Old Post 04-07-12 10:05AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Gutsy MONSTER shot by The Master, Glenn Howard to SCORE FOUR on the pesky Scot - 6-3 Canada after 8.

Scotty needs a plump Georgie!!!

Old Post 04-07-12 10:13AM