isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - 2012 Players Championship
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Super Rockchucker

There was an earlier thread here indicating Global TV was carrying the final with Don Duguid and Cheryl Bernard doing commentary.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-12 02:59PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

I have to agree with several of Patty Macs comments about the Players championship.

Too few teams (seriously, there is no need to hold a joint men's and women's event. They could be run separately) and a terrible time of year. I will say though, that I am glad it is no longer a Canadian Players only club-that short lived episode made the name 'World' Curling Tour a farce.

Each event should be the top 16-24 ranked teams in a triple ko with playoff-like the majority of the events on the tour. At one time-not too long ago before the slams-this was a 32 team affair that was well attended by teams and spectators alike.

I would also nuke one of the slams and move this to either late December or early February (before the various National championships take place). The Worlds should, rightfully so, remain the final, penultimate statement to every curling season.

Old Post 04-12-12 03:00PM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

Nuke a current Slam and open up the Canada Cup as a joint CCA-WCT Slam venture.

Old Post 04-12-12 03:04PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
The question has ben asked but not answered, is there any coverage of these games or playoffs, either televised or live-streamed. Not much on the World Curling Tour website, when you click on the Tour Championship,it cannot find the website.

HELP!

This link from the Global website may help, no schedule yet.
http://www.globaltv.com/grandslamofcurling/index.html

...now..where's my beer???

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-12-12 05:44PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Sounds like Russ Howard will be joining Team Edin to replace Niklas in PEI for the Players' Championship next weeek. Very interesting development, the experience playing for Russ will certainly help them towards the 2014 Olympics in Sochi.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 04-12-12 06:24PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Interesting to say the least

I kind of thought They would just use the same line up they did at worlds but it appears Oskar will be skipping his team at the European version of the event the same week.

Old Post 04-12-12 08:13PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Will Russ skip the G00-way (shoot second but call the shots) or be the full-fledged skipper (last marbles and shot-caller)

In any event I love the idea of this great veteran curler skipping Team Edin....

Lets see what this near-60 year old man can do?

Old Post 04-12-12 08:56PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
il1960
Harvey Hacksmasher

From twitter, Team Edin:
Team set for Players Championship spare will be @JamesGrattan #superspare #finally #GSOC #curling

Old Post 04-13-12 04:47PM
il1960 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for il1960 Click here to Send il1960 a Private Message Find more posts by il1960 Add il1960 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Beermaker
The question has ben asked but not answered, is there any coverage of these games or playoffs, either televised or live-streamed. Not much on the World Curling Tour website, when you click on the Tour Championship,it cannot find the website.

HELP!

Someone must know????

Old Post 04-17-12 02:13PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Women's Final (Noon ET, Saturday) and Men's Final (Noon ET, Sunday) will both be carried on Global Television.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Old Post 04-17-12 02:55PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Swing Artist

Global will be televising the women's finals on Saturday the 21st and the men's finals on Sunday the 22nd starting at 12:00 Eastern, here is the link showing the broadcast:

http://www.globaltv.com/schedule/#6

Old Post 04-17-12 02:58PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Swing Artist

I'm guessing no streaming??

Old Post 04-17-12 04:35PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Swing Artist

It's sure funny how streaming is available from the Senior's from Denmark, provided no less by the coach of the Canadian Team, through US Stream, and we can't get a whiff of it from Summerside Canada, World Curling Tour, "YOU SUCK BIG TIME"

I can't understand why the sponsors keep providing dollars to put on such a ****ty product. Put me down as very disgruntled.

Old Post 04-17-12 07:08PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Ykes. 5th end OClapham is waxing Eve and JJ is down. Only close game is Tirinzone/Nedohin (2-0) and Heather is on the bottom rung of that one. Wonder how the ice is.

eighth end: OC has to hang on with hammer. Up one coming home. Heather needs a steal to tie. JJ and CC went down in game one.

Last edited by nelski on 04-17-12 at 08:21PM

Old Post 04-17-12 07:31PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Swing Artist

A lot on the line:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Curling/2...7/19645131.html

Old Post 04-17-12 07:38PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

UhOh. EE for CathyOh. Eve is not gonna lay down and die this week.

Give up 3 steals in a row and finally turn the hammer into a win. Not great performance. But got the double ewe.

Last edited by nelski on 04-17-12 at 09:22PM

Old Post 04-17-12 08:34PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

WOW - can't believe how Stef Lawton and crew came out like a pack of hungry wolves and demolished Team JJ.

Long layoff for Lawton didn't seem to make much difference as most of the Lawtons curled in the extremely high 90s (97%), which is almost unheard of in women's curling.

Maybe Stef was unhappy when I opined about her not being able to get by the fairly feeble Mickey Englot and losing her spot at the Scotties?

But make no mistake - she appears hungry! The top two Manitoba teams both got their suitcases handed to them with prejudice - Chel Carey was hammered by Sensational Sherry Middaugh in her opener. Cathy O blew a 6-1 early lead on Princess Eve allowing Muirhead to score the last four ends but Cathy somehow prevailed in the extra end to pick up the lone opening day win for a Manitoba team.

But the biggest noise was made by Stef Lawton & co. who made quick work of one of the best women's teams around. Kinda weird reading the stats - veteran Sherry Anderson out curled Young Kaitlyn Lawes by nearly 40 points - 97 to 58! WOW!

Old Post 04-17-12 11:16PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Wholly Cow. Muirhead is off to another bad start - down 0-6 against Middaugh this morning. Some chemistry has upset THAT applecart.

Old Post 04-18-12 08:54AM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Eve had mega success as a junior but she is now experiencing the same thing Homan did. It can be a big jump to women's competition. A lot more great curlers ,then you find at a world junior, at every event now.

Would be interesting to hear from a poster about what the ice is like. Again, everyone plays on the same ice but the more experienced teams have learned how to adapt more quickly.

Old Post 04-18-12 09:40AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

Postgame, Eve tweeted that a pick allowed the steal of 3 ("brutal pick gave them a steal of 3 which was lucky it wasn't 5!").

Other than the pick, everything points to her and her team having a bad game. Setting that point aside, however, a pick for a steal of 3 could pretty well dictate the outcome of an 8-end game among these teams, even if they had been curling well.

I love this game.

Old Post 04-18-12 09:50AM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Big game tomorrow.....Cathy O vs Jennifer Jones. Cathy thru to the semis, looking at the standings, Jen looks to be thru as well...another grudge match . Cathys team appears to be playing very well. Interesting note... JJ lost her games to Nedohin and Lawton, both teams that Cathy (at least linescorewise) seemed to handle very well. Lawton gave up a 6 in the 5th, Nedohin, a 3 in the 6th.

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Last edited by celtichound on 04-19-12 at 06:26PM

Old Post 04-19-12 06:17PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

CZ- any particular reason the mens scores are not showing tonight?

Old Post 04-19-12 08:29PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

i watched the mens game .. scores seemed ok .. but i was refreshing a bit - nice draw by martin to win , a little choppy, stopped at hog line for a few seconds and i guess ben kicked it , stopped again in front of house and i guess it looked so good they shook hands ... ben was 99%.. kjal 10000000% and saville stuck at 98%

Old Post 04-19-12 09:05PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
i watched the mens game .. scores seemed ok .. but i was refreshing a bit - nice draw by martin to win , a little choppy, stopped at hog line for a few seconds and i guess ben kicked it , stopped again in front of house and i guess it looked so good they shook hands ... ben was 99%.. kjal 10000000% and saville stuck at 98%

Not a Martin fan, eh?

Old Post 04-19-12 09:21PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

lol - one of his biggest fans actually .. had front row seats to his olympic win ... i was teasing about the streaming breaking up while i watched ... actually the only games i really watch are when the guys in pei this weekend play each other ..

Old Post 04-19-12 10:30PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote