Registered: Jun 2011
Seattle Granite Curling Club - Head Ice Technician Opening
The Granite Curling Club in Seattle, Washington is now soliciting applications for the Head Ice Technician position of our five sheet club. Applications are due by the end of March.
More details in the attached PDF file and below:
The Granite Curling Club is a 5 sheet facility with the only dedicated curling ice in the state of Washington. It is home to the largest number of US National Champion curlers. The club operates seven days per week during an 8 month season and during an extended 2 month Spring season. The club runs two to four draws per day during the winter season along with ice rental activities several days per week including Saturday.
The Ice Technician shall be accountable to the Chairman of the Granite Curling Club Ice Committee and shall perform functions as prescribed by the Chairman. He/she shall perform duties that play a significant role in achieving, maintaining and improving the quality of curling ice at the Granite Curling Club. Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. This position is a three year contract
1. Initiate startup procedures prior to ice installation
2. Ice installation
3. Ice maintenance
3.1. 3.2. Target approximately 4 feet of curl in both directions
3.3. Wash, burn and flood as required to maintain ice cleanliness and conditions as described above.
Target “24 second” ice speed as measured on draws from the delivery end hog-line to the far tee-line.
Scrape daily in order to achieve ice conditions as described above
Maintain a daily log of conditions critical to the quality of curling ice. This shall include, but not be limited to the following.
4.1. Ice and brine temperature
4.2. Area and exterior temperatures and humidity
4.3. Scraping pattern
4.4. Other conditions critical to maintaing high quality curling ice
5. Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with other Curling Club staff members and volunteers.
6. Communicate regularly with the Ice Committee Chairman and the board in the event of emergencies.
7. Assume responsibility for the preparation and up-keep of curling equipment such as rocks, measuring sticks, nippers, scraper, scraper blades, cooling tower, etc
8. Work with Curling Club members in a positive and proactive manner to promote behavior and habits that are consistent with maintaining quality ice conditions.
9. Make recommendations with regards to procedural, equipment and facility upgrades or modifications that are consistent with maintaining and improving ice quality. When possible, recommendations for upgrades and modifications shall be accompanied by cost estimates that can be reviewed and discussed by the Curling Club Board of Directors.
10. Ice Technician presence shall be required during Curling Club events and bonspiels when the ice is in use.
11. Conduct shutdown activities at the end of the curling season.
This has been downloaded 225 time(s).
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged