isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Temporary Houses
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mbgsfv
Knee-Slider

Temporary Houses

Hi All,

We're putting on a bonspiel on a hockey rink, looking for some suggestions on putting in houses for the weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-12 03:34PM
Mbgsfv is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mbgsfv Find more posts by Mbgsfv Add Mbgsfv to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

Your options are going to be really limited if you can't melt off the ice and rebuild. But one possibility is to etch the rings. You won't be able to see them from the far end, but it'll work in a pinch.

If the etch is deep enough, you might be able to lay in a bit of food coloring or something to make them stand out a bit (if the rink owner allows it). They would smear and disappear after a zamboni goes over them, but it might help with visibility.

(Note: I haven't tried the food coloring trick. Not sure how it'll work.)

Old Post 03-26-12 09:22PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knit1curl2
Harvey Hacksmasher

When we go to new arenas (to test out interest/run an open house) we use Sharpies to outline the rings for temp houses. They will mark light colored clothing. You can make a scribe that will mark the ice from the center out to the edge of the 12'. Take a piece of wood (~2" x 2") put a nail or screw at the pin and then one at 2', 4' and 6'. Run this around to etch in the house and then color in and put water on top. Or put the sharpies at 2',4' and 6' for a less semi permanent house.

Old Post 03-27-12 01:31AM
knit1curl2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knit1curl2 Click here to Send knit1curl2 a Private Message Find more posts by knit1curl2 Add knit1curl2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mooncurler
Knee-Slider

Contact Rich at rosedaleranger@yahoo.com. He can help.

Old Post 03-27-12 05:17AM
Mooncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mooncurler Click here to Send Mooncurler a Private Message Find more posts by Mooncurler Add Mooncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by knit1curl2
When we go to new arenas (to test out interest/run an open house) we use Sharpies to outline the rings for temp houses. They will mark light colored clothing. You can make a scribe that will mark the ice from the center out to the edge of the 12'. Take a piece of wood (~2" x 2") put a nail or screw at the pin and then one at 2', 4' and 6'. Run this around to etch in the house and then color in and put water on top. Or put the sharpies at 2',4' and 6' for a less semi permanent house.

O/T: North Carolina? You from Triangle? (I'm signed up for their spiel in August is why I'm asking.)

Old Post 03-27-12 03:20PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knit1curl2
Harvey Hacksmasher

Why yes I am at Triangle however if you were going to any of the spiels in the Southeast US this summer you would run into me. You Dallas?

Old Post 03-27-12 06:40PM
knit1curl2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knit1curl2 Click here to Send knit1curl2 a Private Message Find more posts by knit1curl2 Add knit1curl2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

Knoxville. I'll be helping with the Rocky Top.

Old Post 03-27-12 07:16PM
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Hooper
Knoxville. I'll be helping with the Rocky Top.

Ah, Knoxville.... Hard to believe another week or two of punishing my liver is only two months away!

Old Post 03-29-12 03:14PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knit1curl2
Harvey Hacksmasher

Good Ol' Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee,
You'll always be home sweet home to me, you, all night hot tubs, never ending kegs, BBQ, bluegrass, pre parties, after parties and...

Old Post 03-29-12 06:49PM
Hooper
Swing Artist

LOL

I'll have to catch up to you two when you get here then. My screen name is my last name, so that should make it easy.

But people reading your descriptions might not realize that there is actually some curling at the spiel as well.

(Seriously though, I'm really excited about Raleigh.)

Old Post 03-29-12 09:31PM
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
LOL

I'll have to catch up to you two when you get here then. My screen name is my last name, so that should make it easy.

But people reading your descriptions might not realize that there is actually some curling at the spiel as well.

(Seriously though, I'm really excited about Raleigh.)

There's Curling in Knoxville? When did they add that part to the spiel?

Old Post 03-29-12 09:53PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by duct_tape

There's Curling in Knoxville? When did they add that part to the spiel?

To give the sober person something to do.

Old Post 03-29-12 09:55PM
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:

To give the sober person something to do.

I didn't think they allowed sober people in!! :-)

Old Post 03-29-12 09:56PM
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by duct_tape

I didn't think they allowed sober people in!! :-)

Something about blue laws... ;-)

Old Post 03-29-12 09:59PM
knit1curl2
Harvey Hacksmasher

Silly sober person don't they know that the person who drinks the most Rye wins the spiel.

Old Post 03-29-12 11:37PM
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by knit1curl2
Silly sober person don't they know that the person who drinks the most Rye wins the spiel.

Crap... don't give out my secret!!

Old Post 03-29-12 11:38PM