isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - 10 greatest women curling teams of all time
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Jonesdraw
I didnt follow curling before 1988. I base my list and its order on how long teams were considered the best in the World. Based on that Jennifer Joneas has to be the best ever and anyone who says otherwise is a clueless hater so suck on it.

1. Jennifer Jones- was considered the best in the World from 2008-2012. 5 straight years, longer than all others. Yes she didnt always win the World event, but everyone knows she was the best all those years. Who else could one say. One could even argue longer since she led the Money Tour every year since 2005 now.

2. Sandra Schmirler- was considered the best in the World from 93-until Scott 95, and in 97-98. So 4.5 seasons as the best, split apart.

3. Coleen Jones- was considered the best in the World from 2001-2004. 4 straight years.

Unique way of looking at it. Still, you have to place Schmirler on top cuz of 3 world titles plus 1 Olympic gold
4. Anette Nordberg- was considered the best in the World from 2005-2007 Worlds, so 2.5 seasons straight.

5. Heather Houston- was considered best in World in 1988 and 1989.

6. Dordi Nordby- was considered best in World in 1990 and 1991.

7. Elisabeth Gustaffson- Despite winning 4 World titles was only considered best in the World in 92 and 99. Laliberte and Schmirler were definitely better in 1995 despite Gustafsson's World title, and in 1998 Schmirler was considered by far the best.

8. Marilyn Bodough- was considered best in World in 86 and 96.

9. Connie Laliberte- was considered best in World in 95 only, and even then she failed to win the World final after choking badly at end.

10. Kelly Scott- was best in World in 2007 only.

Unique way of looking at it. Still, one has to place Schmirler at the top cuz of 3 world golds and one olympic gold.

Jennifer would only catapault over Sandra by taking at least one more world gold, olympic gold and a 5th brier title to boot. Even then a ton of haters would never have her over Sandra.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-10-12 10:00PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

You forgot Kelly Law. Won the Scotties, Worlds, won the Olympic qualifier, and grabbed a bronze at Salt Lake Utah Olympics.

Old Post 03-10-12 10:44PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

Kelly Law should have won the 2001 Scott, 2001 Worlds, and 2002 Olympics. A huge underachiever in a sense.

2001 Scott- blew 5-2 lead to Colleen Jones. It wasnt that Colleen did anything amazing to come back, Law and co. played one super bad end, chose to give up a steal of 1 as they would rather be down without hammer coming home, and missed a key shot in both 10 and 11.

2001 Worlds- Well seeing how easily Colleen Jones won here, and the slew of defensive teams who made the end, I doubt Law would have had any problems.

2002 Olympics- Ugh, I dont even want to think about that one. At the very least she should have easily beaten Rhona and been in the final with Luzia who often played Kelly Law and co. tough.

What a deadly and intimidating team they were when all came together. Such a shame that Julie Sutton/Skinner retired after the 2003 season. That team could have been a dynasty with a bit more luck, they were very imposing.

Old Post 03-10-12 11:26PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

My revised list:

1. Sandra Schmirler
2. Anette Norberg
3. Elizabeth Gustaffson
4. Vera Petzer
5. Joyce McKee
6. Connie Laliberte
7. Mirjam Ott
8. Marilyn Bodough
9. Andrea Schopp
10. Dordi Norby

Honorable mentions just outside top 10- Heather Houston, Kelly Scott, Kelly Law, Jennifer Jones

Old Post 03-25-12 10:52PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Jonesdraw
I didnt follow curling before 1988. I base my list and its order on how long teams were considered the best in the World. Based on that Jennifer Joneas has to be the best ever and anyone who says otherwise is a clueless hater so suck on it.

1. Jennifer Jones- was considered the best in the World from 2008-2012. 5 straight years, longer than all others. Yes she didnt always win the World event, but everyone knows she was the best all those years. Who else could one say. One could even argue longer since she led the Money Tour every year since 2005 now.

2. Sandra Schmirler- was considered the best in the World from 93-until Scott 95, and in 97-98. So 4.5 seasons as the best, split apart.

3. Coleen Jones- was considered the best in the World from 2001-2004. 4 straight years.

4. Anette Nordberg- was considered the best in the World from 2005-2007 Worlds, so 2.5 seasons straight.

5. Heather Houston- was considered best in World in 1988 and 1989.

6. Dordi Nordby- was considered best in World in 1990 and 1991.

7. Elisabeth Gustaffson- Despite winning 4 World titles was only considered best in the World in 92 and 99. Laliberte and Schmirler were definitely better in 1995 despite Gustafsson's World title, and in 1998 Schmirler was considered by far the best.

8. Marilyn Bodough- was considered best in World in 86 and 96.

9. Connie Laliberte- was considered best in World in 95 only, and even then she failed to win the World final after choking badly at end.

10. Kelly Scott- was best in World in 2007 only.

Interesting list. I like the top four for sure. The only thing I would change would be to put Gustafsson in the top 5 as well.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.3.185.26

Old Post 03-25-12 11:02PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InOffFor4
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses
My revised list:

1. Jennifer Jones
2. Anette Norberg
3. Elizabeth Gustaffson
4. Vera Petzer
5. Joyce McKee
6. Connie Laliberte
7. Mirjam Ott
8. Marilyn Bodough
9. Andrea Schopp
10. Dordi Norby

Honorable mentions just outside top 10- Heather Houston, Kelly Scott, Kelly Law,

Fixed that for you UYK.

Old Post 03-25-12 11:23PM
InOffFor4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InOffFor4 Find more posts by InOffFor4 Add InOffFor4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote