isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Queen Kelly Scott to be Canadas 2014 Olympic representative
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

Queen Kelly Scott to be Canadas 2014 Olympic representative

Having seen the Kelly Scott team get back on track I have no doubt they will be Canadas 2014 Olympic represntative. They arent fully back at their untouchable 2006-2007 level yet, but they are on the road there. When they were at their 2006-2007 level no team in Canada, perhaps even the World, could touch them, including Jennifer Jones who even at her best could not handle the Scott team in that form.

It will be a fitting vindication for them after blowing their 2006 Olympic berth and medal in the final end of the Olympic trials final vs Kleibrink. I look forward to bumping this thread in less than 2 years.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-12 01:08PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CaptMorgan
Drawmaster

Rachel Homan.

Old Post 02-28-12 01:43PM
CaptMorgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CaptMorgan Click here to Send CaptMorgan a Private Message Find more posts by CaptMorgan Add CaptMorgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Webster

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 67.193.198.201

Old Post 02-28-12 01:53PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Cathy O

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 42.98.38.222

Old Post 02-28-12 02:09PM
Unregistered

Come on you guys, this is an Easy one Jennifer Jones....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Just Joking it will be none other than.....................Heather Nedohin....not just because she just won, but i think it's now her time she pt so much of her career on hold due to life and supporting her husband, but i think if this team stays together they are going to be tough and i think she will qualify with ease into the trials, so good luck ladies!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.115.217.222

Old Post 02-28-12 03:10PM
Unregistered

Id like to see an upcoming young team like Homan, Horgan, or Atkinson. but I'd be pefecttly happy cheering for anyone as team Canada as long as it isnt JJ!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 205.204.68.137

Old Post 02-28-12 03:12PM
Unregistered

You are all wrong it will be Colleen Jones!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 66.199.35.74

Old Post 02-28-12 03:17PM
Unregistered

Re: Queen Kelly Scott to be Canadas 2014 Olympic representative

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses
Having seen the Kelly Scott team get back on track I have no doubt they will be Canadas 2014 Olympic represntative. They arent fully back at their untouchable 2006-2007 level yet, but they are on the road there. When they were at their 2006-2007 level no team in Canada, perhaps even the World, could touch them, including Jennifer Jones who even at her best could not handle the Scott team in that form.

It will be a fitting vindication for them after blowing their 2006 Olympic berth and medal in the final end of the Olympic trials final vs Kleibrink. I look forward to bumping this thread in less than 2 years.

Muirhead vs Homan in the gold medal game. The level of Curling in Canada will be stronger in two years.

Nine Ender

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.227.54.20

Old Post 02-28-12 03:26PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
You are all wrong it will be Colleen Jones!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.45.162.76

Old Post 02-28-12 03:57PM
Unregistered

quote:
Come on you guys, this is an Easy one Jennifer Jones....

I am afraid Ms. Jones best days are behind her.
Now that the other teams have seen how she was beat on Friday and Saturday in the Scottie playoffs they won't be afraid of her.
Heck she almost lost to Quebec in the bronze.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.45.162.76

Old Post 02-28-12 04:02PM
Unregistered

quote:

I am afraid Ms. Jones best days are behind her.
Now that the other teams have seen how she was beat on Friday and Saturday in the Scottie playoffs they won't be afraid of her.
Heck she almost lost to Quebec in the bronze.

I would disagree with this. Her team is still very strong at all four positions and their drive to win is still very much there. She was beat on Friday because they didn't curl up to their normal level. That, and opposition that curled very well. Her opposition won't take her lightly that's for sure.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.73.76.62

Old Post 02-28-12 04:06PM
peteski
Swing Artist

The answer is it could be any of about 20 teams. It's pretty wide open.

JJ is still the favourite though. They're the most consistent women's team in Canada. But as we saw last weekend, they still can be beat by any number of teams.

Old Post 02-28-12 04:23PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

You're all mistaken...

It will be McCarville

Just watch! Bronze in 2009 - GOLD in 2013

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 65.255.239.210

Old Post 02-28-12 04:33PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

The best thing that can happen to Jennifer Jones is everyone taking her lightly as a team that can't step up to the task when the going gets tough.

Last year they did a mild fade against Pistol Pete (Amber Holland) and this year they had a great round-robin but severely faded against Scott and Nedohin.

I hope they're rated no higher than 5th or 6th when the Olympic Trials beging.

btw. Here's my list of 10 teams that will be at the Winnipeg Trials....

1. Stef Lawton
2. Kelly Scott
3. Rachel Homan
4. Crystal Webster
5. Heather Nedohin
6. Jennifer Jones
7. Cheryl Bernard or Shannon Kleibrink (but not both)
8. Val Sweeting
9. Sherry Middaugh or Krista McCarville (but not both)
10. M-F Larouche

Other teams with an outside chance of snagging a berth - Heather Smith-Dacey, Chelsea Carey, Kelley Law.

Super outsiders would have to include - Colleen Jones, Jenn Hanna, Michelle Englot, Cathy O, Tracy Horgan.

Old Post 02-28-12 05:40PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Just for the record the mens trials spots are fairly easy to predict.

Here's the usual suspects who'll all be there.

1. Glen Howard
2. Kevin Koe
3. Jeff Stoughton
4. Brad Jacobs
5. Jimbo Cotter
6. Kevin Martin
7. Mike McEwen
8. Brad Gushue

The other two fish will come out of a small pond - Fowler, Lyburn, Virtue, Moskowy, Eppling, Menard.

Old Post 02-28-12 05:53PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Re: Queen Kelly Scott to be Canadas 2014 Olympic representative

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses

I wouldn't pick Scott unless I saw a sign that they were more motivated and going on a fitness regime kind of like what Kevin Martin's team does. Talent only takes you so far, competition gets more intense with the Olympics. Babies, work commitments, all sorts of non-Curling things can affect all these teams chances.

Rachel Homan is an intense competitor, seems to enjoy cash events ( which aids in qualifying ), and has a young cohesive team. I expect Homan, Carey, maybe Webster will all be significantly better in two years. How that translates in terms of big events we'll see. Even McCarville has a young team, although they really didn't look too sharp this year ( I think they need a new third ).

Don't count out J. Jones, they already made the Trials which is a huge early benefit. They have a younger team now, so beyond Jennifer herself there are no aging/injury issues. And so far, Jennifer is still slinging the rock pretty well.

And, there is always the wild card of somebody creating a new team this summer with the Olympics in mind. Not sure when its too late to do this ( in terms of getting points ), but something like Holland/Lawton/?/? might be interesting, and I don't see either of those two winning with their current teams.

Nine Ender

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.227.54.20

Old Post 02-28-12 06:14PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Queen Kelly Scott to be Canadas 2014 Olympic representative

quote:

I wouldn't pick Scott unless I saw a sign that they were more motivated and going on a fitness regime kind of like what Kevin Martin's team does. Talent only takes you so far, competition gets more intense with the Olympics. Babies, work commitments, all sorts of non-Curling things can affect all these teams chances.

Rachel Homan is an intense competitor, seems to enjoy cash events ( which aids in qualifying ), and has a young cohesive team. I expect Homan, Carey, maybe Webster will all be significantly better in two years. How that translates in terms of big events we'll see. Even McCarville has a young team, although they really didn't look too sharp this year ( I think they need a new third ).

Don't count out J. Jones, they already made the Trials which is a huge early benefit. They have a younger team now, so beyond Jennifer herself there are no aging/injury issues. And so far, Jennifer is still slinging the rock pretty well.

And, there is always the wild card of somebody creating a new team this summer with the Olympics in mind. Not sure when its too late to do this ( in terms of getting points ), but something like Holland/Lawton/?/? might be interesting, and I don't see either of those two winning with their current teams.

Nine Ender

its been spoken of before but i think if amber and stefanie teamed up they could be unreal. Imagine amber stepping in and skipping stefanie, sherri and marliese

its way to early to predict who's going to win the olympic trials at this point though because so many things could happen. Its kind of silly

Old Post 02-28-12 06:22PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

1. Glen Howard
2. Kevin Koe
3. Jeff Stoughton
4. Brad Jacobs
5. Jimbo Cotter
6. Kevin Martin
7. Mike McEwen
8. Brad Gushue

The other two fish will come out of a small pond - Fowler, Lyburn, Virtue, Moskowy, Eppling, Menard.

I thought only 8 qualified for the trials??( 6 autoberthed and 2 from pretls) and 12 for the pretrials.

Old Post 02-28-12 09:38PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Swing Artist

http://www.curling.ca/ctrs-trials/o...cation-process/

I don't beleive Jacobs or Cotter will be in the final eight.

Old Post 02-28-12 10:35PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I'll be there

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 02-29-12 12:52AM
guido
Swing Artist

quote:
I'll be there

okay, Jim

Old Post 02-29-12 01:26AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

1. Glen Howard
2. Kevin Koe
3. Jeff Stoughton
4. Brad Jacobs
5. Jimbo Cotter
6. Kevin Martin
7. Mike McEwen
8. Brad Gushue

Virtue and Moskowy are playing together FYI

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 65.255.239.210

Old Post 02-29-12 11:13AM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:

1. Glen Howard
2. Kevin Koe
3. Jeff Stoughton
4. Brad Jacobs
5. Jimbo Cotter
6. Kevin Martin
7. Mike McEwen
8. Brad Gushue

brock isnt going to make the trials. He really ****ed himself over in a way by forming this new team right now. He gets to keep none of the points he earned with his old team and has only 1 season to get enough points to qualify for the pre-trials

he has to hope this team clicks right from the get go and he has to basically play every week leading up to the pre-trials and hope he racks up enough points in the smaller events because he also wont be eligable to play in any of the grand slams.

brock will make an appearance at the olympic trials but not until 2017

Old Post 02-29-12 11:44AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingmad
Hitting Paint

quote:
The best thing that can happen to Jennifer Jones is everyone taking her lightly as a team that can't step up to the task when the going gets tough.

Last year they did a mild fade against Pistol Pete (Amber Holland) and this year they had a great round-robin but severely faded against Scott and Nedohin.

I hope they're rated no higher than 5th or 6th when the Olympic Trials beging.

btw. Here's my list of 10 teams that will be at the Winnipeg Trials....

1. Stef Lawton
2. Kelly Scott
3. Rachel Homan
4. Crystal Webster
5. Heather Nedohin
6. Jennifer Jones
7. Cheryl Bernard or Shannon Kleibrink (but not both)
8. Val Sweeting
9. Sherry Middaugh or Krista McCarville (but not both)
10. M-F Larouche

Other teams with an outside chance of snagging a berth - Heather Smith-Dacey, Chelsea Carey, Kelley Law.

Super outsiders would have to include - Colleen Jones, Jenn Hanna, Michelle Englot, Cathy O, Tracy Horgan.

Not sure you’ve watched some of your picks… I think not, as you’re going on media reports and looks and not possible performance in two years.

UR top 10…

Lawton has a good chance and as good as any out of SK
Scott will have to add two more weapons (big wt takeout and 9 sec hit&roll) as she doesn’t have enough to win it all.
Homan definitely can win it all as 2 more yrs experience will help.
Webster still has to prove she can save an end and make the big draw, as right now she’s good at being ahead on the scoreboard but not behind.
Nedohin just might hold form but the chemistry might be a bigger problem by 2013.
JJ will definitely be in the trials and with a bit of luck this time, she could win. The biggest prob is patience when behind.
Cheryl’s best days are behind her and it is not likely she gets lucky again.
Shannon has a chance if she still wants to play at a top level.
Val will have a new lineup so it will be a wait-and-see. (guess you didn’t know that)
Middaugh’s best days are prob behind her too but she still has good desire.
McCarville has that winning attitude so she might have a good chance if the 3rd position can outshot the opponent.
Larouche can’t get lucky forever and they have way too many flaws.

Your outsiders and super outsiders.

Smith-Dacey.. no chance if form stays the same as eventually you have to make both turns.
Carey is decent younger team that has good outsider chance.
Law can’t keep changing 3rds as that is the most critical position.
Jones… I’m trying to think, is she the older lady who had some success years ago.
Hanna needs a little help but might stand a chance if the stars lineup.
Englot will need a lot of help and beaucoup d’luck.
COC herself can make great saving shots but there are way too many young guns waiting to take her down.
Horgan had the chance of a lifetime and executed exactly as predicted so can’t see her getting into the top 10.

Old Post 02-29-12 11:48AM
curlingmad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingmad Click here to Send curlingmad a Private Message Find more posts by curlingmad Add curlingmad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

you're all completely clueless. look at the current ctrs standings right now and then maybe you'll have a clue of who really has a chance to make the trials.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.45.36.197

Old Post 03-04-12 09:28AM