isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Ferbey Retires
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
7/8Late
Knee-Slider

Ferbey Retires

Here it is
http://www.tsn.ca/curling/story/?id=390902

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-12 04:21PM
7/8Late is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 7/8Late Click here to Send 7/8Late a Private Message Find more posts by 7/8Late Add 7/8Late to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

randy was a pleasure to watch .. one of the great ones - he also enjoyed the game and the parties .. an amazing record

Old Post 03-20-12 04:39PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Where does he rank all time?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.53.196.77

Old Post 03-20-12 06:35PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

TOP 5 NO QUESTION, NO DOUBT, maybe even best ever??

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 83.100.214.97

Old Post 03-20-12 06:37PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

ernie richardson , ken watson , matt baldwin , randy, ron northcott, rick folk, david nedohin, don duguid , marc kennedy, pat ryan, russ and glen howard, wayne middaugh, jeff stoughton, kevin martin, tomas ulsrud, ed werenich, al hackner , scott pffeier, marcel roque, rick lang , craig saville , brent laing, kevin koe - draw to the pin to win is a gimme -

me and any 3 of the above are unbeatable

Old Post 03-20-12 07:56PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ObsessiveCurler
Administrator

I loved watching that Ferbey foursome. He played extremely aggressive, with no fear. It was extremely entertaining curling.

While it is sad that Randy has retired, it's hardly surprising at his age.

Old Post 03-20-12 08:25PM
ObsessiveCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ObsessiveCurler Click here to Send ObsessiveCurler a Private Message Find more posts by ObsessiveCurler Add ObsessiveCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Dave Nedohin will play himself into obscurity I believe. He was fortunate to find Randy and all the stars aligned, slam boycott etc. I dont think you will see David Nedohin ever win a Canadian Championship again, unless he plays 3rd for his wife in mixed....not saying Dave isnt a good curler, but there are alot of good curlers out there. Dave may find it frustrating when he is known as an also ran. He clearly isnt as talented as Kevin Martin or Kevin Koe. He will have to build a team, as he is starting from the bottom. Without Randy, I guaranatee Dave Nedohin is just another average skip who qualifies in the odd spiel. No more invites to Slams etc. Dave will find this frustrating as he was over spoiled with success and may want to retire soon himself. Not every curler can skip.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.71.22.125

Old Post 03-20-12 08:38PM
Unregistered

last poster is horribly off the mark... Dave carried his team the last four years they were together to whatever success they did have, when they won their cdn and world championships all 4 players were on the same page shooting wise, last 4-5 years not so much. Dave will have success, he just needs the right players with him, and I think that him parting with ferbey is a great move for him at this point.

Im by no means saying that Ferbey isnt good, when he was in his prime he was one of the best, but I dont know that he has it to compete with the best in the game today.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 199.126.243.184

Old Post 03-20-12 08:53PM
Keon
Hitting Paint

I don't put much stock in your "guarantee". While Nedohin will struggle to get to the Brier out of Alberta (something every curling team in the world would struggle with), I'd bet we'll see his team in the Slams next year if they play a full schedule.

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Dave Nedohin will play himself into obscurity I believe. He was fortunate to find Randy and all the stars aligned, slam boycott etc. I dont think you will see David Nedohin ever win a Canadian Championship again, unless he plays 3rd for his wife in mixed....not saying Dave isnt a good curler, but there are alot of good curlers out there. Dave may find it frustrating when he is known as an also ran. He clearly isnt as talented as Kevin Martin or Kevin Koe. He will have to build a team, as he is starting from the bottom. Without Randy, I guaranatee Dave Nedohin is just another average skip who qualifies in the odd spiel. No more invites to Slams etc. Dave will find this frustrating as he was over spoiled with success and may want to retire soon himself. Not every curler can skip.

Old Post 03-20-12 08:55PM
Keon is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Keon Click here to Send Keon a Private Message Find more posts by Keon Add Keon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
ernie richardson , ken watson , matt baldwin , randy, ron northcott, rick folk, david nedohin, don duguid , marc kennedy, pat ryan, russ and glen howard, wayne middaugh, jeff stoughton, kevin martin, tomas ulsrud, ed werenich, al hackner , scott pffeier, marcel roque, rick lang , craig saville , brent laing, kevin koe - draw to the pin to win is a gimme -

me and any 3 of the above are unbeatable

Very good, nearly complete list. I'll put up a few more old-timers as you've posted up most of the great contempories

....add Ab Gowanlock, Billy Walsh, Jim Ursel, Billy Rose, Lyall Dagg, Howard Wood, Sr., Hector Gervais, Garnet Campbell.

Old Post 03-20-12 11:59PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote