isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Players Championship Finals
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
albetts
Swing Artist

Players Championship Finals

Just scrolled through Global Toronto to see if they are covering any of the games. Good News... They are televising the Womens Final on Saturday and the Mens Final on Sunday. Time 12:00 noon EST. I'm with Cogeco cable but am guessing the satellite providers will also be covering this. Just grateful for this coverage. Be nice to see the semis as well but at least its a start. Don't know who the broadcasters will be but someone mentioned in an earier post that Don Duguid (sp) and Cheryl Bernard will be available. Isn't this a great start for Global. Lets show our support. I'm going to send them (Global)a wee note to thank them. Regards,

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-12 04:29PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Re: Players Championship Finals

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
Just scrolled through Global Toronto to see if they are covering any of the games. Good News... They are televising the Womens Final on Saturday and the Mens Final on Sunday. Time 12:00 noon EST. I'm with Cogeco cable but am guessing the satellite providers will also be covering this. Just grateful for this coverage. Be nice to see the semis as well but at least its a start. Don't know who the broadcasters will be but someone mentioned in an earier post that Don Duguid (sp) and Cheryl Bernard will be available. Isn't this a great start for Global. Lets show our support. I'm going to send them (Global)a wee note to thank them. Regards,

I remember the first time Duguid was paired up with Colleen Jones on CBC. He just loathed her. It got better as time went on. Probably Don Wittman cooled down Duguie on Coco's irritating rough edges.

Duguid is about 77 or 78 now - wonder how he'll do with the very sweet, sugary Cheryl B.???

Wonder why they didn't bring Duguid's old lead man aboard. Ray Moosie Turnbull - he's a veritable junior compared to Donny Du, Ray's only 72 or 73.

Old Post 04-14-12 06:14PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

List of team members is wrong in several cases both here and on the Grand Slam site. Are they waiting to see who actually shows up?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.103.29

Old Post 04-15-12 06:07PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Harvey Hacksmasher

It's just too late for curling. Even here (northern BC) flowers are up and golf courses are opening.

Old Post 04-15-12 08:07PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

So with Sherry losing the SF I guess Heather is now the official secon team to get a direct berth into Oly Trials?

Old Post 04-21-12 10:46AM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
So with Sherry losing the SF I guess Heather is now the official secon team to get a direct berth into Oly Trials?

GK of CN implies there is still a shot for OC to get the berth... maybe...

"It remains to be seen if a win in today’s final (12 noon eastern time on Canada’s Global Television network) will give the trials berth to Overton-Clapham; her squad was ranked third on the CTRS heading into Summerside. There is quite a bit of mathematics involved, so we’re going to wait until the conclusion of today’s championship final to speculate."

Old Post 04-21-12 10:51AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

GK of CN implies there is still a shot for OC to get the berth... maybe...

"It remains to be seen if a win in today’s final (12 noon eastern time on Canada’s Global Television network) will give the trials berth to Overton-Clapham; her squad was ranked third on the CTRS heading into Summerside. There is quite a bit of mathematics involved, so we’re going to wait until the conclusion of today’s championship final to speculate."

Maybe George just cann't be bothered to do the math, , or is trying to build a little suspence for the final. I did the math a couple of days back and got this, Cathy wins and has 150.9 pts, Heather with 4 wins (now), has 154.615 pts. So unless there are other factors involved that I'm unaware of (I do have a senile old man brain), the trials spot goes to Heather. By the way, does anyone know what happens to Amber Hollands pre-trials spot now that she has a new team?

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-21-12 11:04AM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by celtichound
By the way, does anyone know what happens to Amber Hollands pre-trials spot now that she has a new team?

Another chapter for the CCA policy book. CCA mentoring and forfeited berths. The mystery of it all. Could become a best seller.

Old Post 04-21-12 11:08AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

Another chapter for the CCA policy book. CCA mentoring and forfeited berths. The mystery of it all. Could become a best seller.

I guess you need to be a mage or a seer to figure it out!!

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-21-12 11:12AM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Pretty annoying TV commentary at times, primarily by Donnie D. Mostly focused on Cathy O. and the Howards (Russ coaching / daughter playing) and hardly any discussion of the Lawton team until they counted the 3 ender in the 6th to take control of the game. At that point they must have cut Duguid's mike or he was speachless with his hometown team on the rocks. Cheryl Bernard did a good job I thought as did the play-by-play guy (name?) except for the over focus on the Howards.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 71.17.238.252

Old Post 04-21-12 03:23PM
Unregistered

yeah, I thought Cheryl did a really good job

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

Old Post 04-21-12 03:56PM
Unregistered

Agree about Duguid's commentary. Congrats to the Lawton team. Great game. Nice to see this team do well!

Old Post 04-21-12 04:03PM
Unregistered

Couldn't they find someone from the current generation of curlers?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.45.169.18

Old Post 04-21-12 04:08PM
CURLER1
Swing Artist

lol - thought I would check this out to see who was complaining about the coverage and how long it took for that first post. Sure didn't take long.

Bitch that CBC dropped the Slams. Everyone questioning if it would be shown on TV or online. We get the coverage of the last curling of the season when Global steps up and puts all that work and effort into two games and you are all still bitching!

Really, be glad you could even watch it. There is a little button on "all" remotes marked "mute", try using it. Or just be happy to watch it.

No one is ever satisfied.

Old Post 04-21-12 04:13PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
lol - thought I would check this out to see who was complaining about the coverage and how long it took for that first post. Sure didn't take long.

Bitch that CBC dropped the Slams. Everyone questioning if it would be shown on TV or online. We get the coverage of the last curling of the season when Global steps up and puts all that work and effort into two games and you are all still bitching!

Really, be glad you could even watch it. There is a little button on "all" remotes marked "mute", try using it. Or just be happy to watch it.

Or do you mean noone will satisfy everyone? Probably true. Unfortunately my remote doesn't screen out only one commentator. A few interesting bits from the other 2. And just because I found Dugie annoying at times doenn't mean I didn't enjoy watching. In fact Thanks Global for stepping up when noone else wanted the job.

Old Post 04-21-12 04:37PM
Unregistered

Women's FInal

Great to see the very best rise to the top in this championship. If only all curlers could set the bar as high as Cathy O and Stephanie Lawton. These two classy curlers symbolize everything that is right about our game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.64.67.107

Old Post 04-21-12 05:04PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

So are you related to Dougie? :-)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.45.169.18

Old Post 04-21-12 05:05PM
Unregistered

It looks like Glenn has the Oly. Trials berth sewn up. Only 20 points difference between 1st and 3rd and he's 24 points ahead of Mike pre-Players.

Old Post 04-21-12 07:15PM