isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - 2012 Players Championship
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fresca
Super Rockchucker

whats the story with cheryl not being there today ?

if i see another pic ... sheesh

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-22-12 02:03PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
UhOh! The final shoot-out of the season. Here we go.
##%!@^^&##

LOL. All in good fun.

Old Post 04-22-12 02:04PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

Congrats to team Epping on the win. Great final and great champions.

has to feel really good to end the year winning this title after all the up and down

Old Post 04-22-12 02:38PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hooper
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Guest

LOL. All in good fun.

Yup. And if we don't get our barbs in now, we won't have any reason to return and snipe at each other next season!

Old Post 04-22-12 03:28PM
Hooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hooper Click here to Send Hooper a Private Message Find more posts by Hooper Add Hooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ObsessiveCurler
Administrator

Always nice to see young blood rise to the challenge in these Slams. (McEwen now Epping)

Now it's time for them to do it in the Provincials and the Brier!

Old Post 04-22-12 05:00PM
ObsessiveCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ObsessiveCurler Click here to Send ObsessiveCurler a Private Message Find more posts by ObsessiveCurler Add ObsessiveCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

While a long time Glenn Howard fan, have to congratulate a nice win for Team Epping, well done. Maybe we'll see a little more competition at the Tankard next year.

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-22-12 05:10PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

This might be the first tourney where both 8 seeds (Lawton & Epping) overcame the odds and emerged champions.

I think Lawton was seeded 8 as she played the 1 seed (Jones) in her opener, laying a vicious licking on JJ before JJ knew what hit her.

Either Epping or Edin would have been the 8 rank on the mens side....

Old Post 04-22-12 05:26PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
Always nice to see young blood rise to the challenge in these Slams. (McEwen now Epping)

Now it's time for them to do it in the Provincials and the Brier!

Have to agree that it is time for these teams especially McEwen to step up and win their province to get to the Brier. Winning Slams is very nice but the provincial playdowns is where the greatest pressure is and where you elevate yourself to another level. No excuses go get it done!

Old Post 04-22-12 05:46PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
livelysue
Harvey Hacksmasher

Epping wins

Great final in Summerside, PEI. Epping drew to the botton for the win. Congrats to both the Howard and Epping teams for putting on a great show in the final. Also, awesome job done by Slider. I have never had so much enjoyment watching a mascot do his/her thing as I did in Summerside this week.

Old Post 04-22-12 07:02PM
livelysue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for livelysue Click here to Send livelysue a Private Message Find more posts by livelysue Add livelysue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
celtichound
Swing Artist

Its been fun folks.......see ya later.....have a great summer.

It's forty-two pounds of polished granite, bevelled on the belly and a handle a human being can hold. And it may have no practical purpose in itself but it is a repository of human possibility and if it's handled just right, it will exact the kind of poetry...
Paul Gross-Men With Brooms

Most games are lost, not won!
Casey Stengel

Old Post 04-22-12 07:55PM
celtichound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for celtichound Click here to Send celtichound a Private Message Find more posts by celtichound Add celtichound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fresca
[B]whats the story with cheryl not being there today ?

Good question, why would you bring her in for one game when you are only covering two games?

Old Post 04-22-12 08:09PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Swing Artist

Thumbs up

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of broadcast from Global. I've never seen them broadcast curling in Ontario before this event. The camera work was excellent, commentary intelligent and not over-intrusive. And in HD.

Hope to see more from them next year.

Old Post 04-22-12 08:39PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of broadcast from Global. I've never seen them broadcast curling in Ontario before this event. The camera work was excellent, commentary intelligent and not over-intrusive. And in HD.

Hope to see more from them next year.

Global TV deserves kudos by picking up the carnage left by CBC TV's sudden withdrawal due to 'legal issues'. If I were Global TV I'd be on the blower with top CCA and WCT tour officials monday a.m. and requesting television opportunities for 2013. Some areas may be provincially driven but I'd want a crack at doing 3 or 4 game packages from as many hot curling provinces as possible (regional Global coverage) in both the mens and ladies.

I'd also want a crack at covering the juniors if TSN was only content doing the finals.

And of course, just for the sponsors I'd want to have a go at at least one major tour event, perhaps even sponsoring a new or replacement tour event - call it the 'Global TV Masters of Curling'

I think TSN shouldn't get their panties in a knot, either. Let them partner with Global and give Canadian curling fans what we want. Solid curling coverage. And lets also hope Global and TSN can include curling on more of their mainstream sports and newscasts, not just regarding curling as their red-headed step-child.

For the time being, forget about the CBC until they get their ducks in order and a new regime takes over the mother ship!

Old Post 04-22-12 08:50PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
livelysue
Harvey Hacksmasher

I agree with you about Kudos to Global for picking up the curling. I was at the game but my boyfriend watched it and there was only one issue. At the first when they had the background music on and flashing the different pictures you could not hear the commentating. You new that something was being said but could not make it out. Other than that it was really well done.

Hopefully Global will now get to pick up more curling for next year.

Old Post 04-22-12 10:00PM
livelysue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for livelysue Click here to Send livelysue a Private Message Find more posts by livelysue Add livelysue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by livelysue
I agree with you about Kudos to Global for picking up the curling. I was at the game but my boyfriend watched it and there was only one issue. At the first when they had the background music on and flashing the different pictures you could not hear the commentating. You new that something was being said but could not make it out. Other than that it was really well done.

Hopefully Global will now get to pick up more curling for next year.

Obviously, Global had a few growing pains but still had a semblance of professionalism. I applaud bringing the old legend, Donnie Duguid out of mothballs and the lead announcer doing the 'Vic Role' was also decent. If I had known Cheryl Bernard was only available for one day I would have brought on someone from the island - someone named Trish Affleck to be the third annnouncer.

Old Post 04-22-12 10:49PM
livelysue
Harvey Hacksmasher

I agree with you Trish would have made a great commentator.

Old Post 04-22-12 11:33PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Good broadcast but they needed a third voice in there. Where was Cheryl? As for the game, I think once Team Howard had their trials spot sewn up, the air went out of the balloon. Only Middaugh seemed into the game - the other 3 looked like they wanted to go home.

Good too see Epping and team win, let's hope they can pull themselves together for next season and make Ontario Regions this time. Same for Lawton, surprised she couldn't get out of Saskatchewan two years in a row. I guess money talks!

Old Post 04-23-12 11:25AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dzikos
Knee-Slider

Does anyone know if the final is or will be available as a VOD?

Old Post 04-23-12 01:54PM
dzikos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dzikos Click here to Send dzikos a Private Message Find more posts by dzikos Add dzikos to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Canada Curler
Knee-Slider

Don Landry did a great job for his first time doing curling commentary (at least first time I've heard him on commentary). It would have been funny for him to do his Vic Router impression, it's pretty bang on. (his dueling Vic's on the FAN590 were great)

Don Duguid though is another story. He didn't add anything to the broadcast.

Hopefully who-ever takes over next year keeps Don Landry in mind as host and finds him someone else he can work with.

Old Post 04-23-12 03:47PM
Canada Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Canada Curler Click here to Send Canada Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Canada Curler Add Canada Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

i thought duguid was fine .. didnt talk too much , was very pleasant 3 hours ... 2 of curling .. must be hard on the momentum with 12 minute breaks each end ...
and to say middaugh was the only one in the game , you should probably look at the shooting stats 88 92 85 100 .. kinda indicates full participation in my books ..

Old Post 04-23-12 08:32PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearbells
Harvey Hacksmasher

Seeding doesn't mean "squat" when it is at the end of a very long season. It is those who are the hungriest, the most motivated, and with huge "carrots dangling" , that will rise to the top. Spring is here, summer coming - curling 2012 is done for another year, and it has been a great one.

Old Post 04-24-12 08:45PM
bearbells is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearbells Click here to Send bearbells a Private Message Find more posts by bearbells Add bearbells to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote