isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Jennifer Jones Last Shot to Win MB 2012
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Jennifer Jones Last Shot to Win MB 2012

Usually don't post video but this is the first time I've seen this shot (other than Mike McEwen's pressbox camera) and thought I'd share it with you.

JJ-Haters, prepare to vomit! Terrible despair by Chelsea Carey in the aftermath!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnFJ...eature=youtu.be

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-29-12 11:00PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregW
Hitting Paint

Ummmmmmm, is that the shot you declared one of the best ever?

Looks like a pretty straight forward 6ft tap that you could make off either red in the four foot if you are a bit heavy.

Nice shot I guess and given that it was to win a province a big shot but it is by no means a great shot.

Throwing hyperbole like that around just gives fuel to those with an irrational dislike of Jennifer Jones and her team.

Thanks for posting the video though.

Old Post 03-30-12 12:24PM
GregW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregW Click here to Send GregW a Private Message Find more posts by GregW Add GregW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

How did she get herself into that mess tied with hammer in 10?

Old Post 03-30-12 03:06PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

She won't be playing out of manitoba for long, as she is now set to marry Brent Laing from Ontario.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.161.203.93

Old Post 03-30-12 05:45PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
She won't be playing out of manitoba for long, as she is now set to marry Brent Laing from Ontario.

Whats she gonna do? Skip Team Homan?

Old Post 03-30-12 06:45PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

Really? Is this true?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.66.17.134

Old Post 03-30-12 06:49PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Whats she gonna do? Skip Team Homan?

OK, I'm biting on the unproven speculation but if she teams up with Homan they have a proven championship skip and 4 great athletic young curlers - either Rachel or Emma Miskew could play third - I'd pick Miskew!

The only people Jones/Miskew would have to push around in Ontario are Jenn Hanna, Krista McCarville and old vet Sensational Sherry Middaugh.

The other question, though. Why would Jones abort her Olympic qualifying spot to move to Ontario?

Unless she could bring at least 2 of her 4 players then she'd have to give up her qualifying spot at the trials. INTERESTING PROBLEM!

Old Post 03-30-12 06:53PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Is this true? I didn't know they were getting married

Congrats to them

Old Post 03-30-12 08:59PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

OK, I'm biting on the unproven speculation but if she teams up with Homan they have a proven championship skip and 4 great athletic young curlers - either Rachel or Emma Miskew could play third - I'd pick Miskew!

The only people Jones/Miskew would have to push around in Ontario are Jenn Hanna, Krista McCarville and old vet Sensational Sherry Middaugh.

The other question, though. Why would Jones abort her Olympic qualifying spot to move to Ontario?

Unless she could bring at least 2 of her 4 players then she'd have to give up her qualifying spot at the trials. INTERESTING PROBLEM!

If jennifer was living in ontario , she could still play with her current team at the trials. There is no provincial restriction.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 03-30-12 11:41PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:

If jennifer was living in ontario , she could still play with her current team at the trials. There is no provincial restriction.

So, in this scenario she could team with Homan/Miskew in quest of an Ontario provincial title and still go to the Olympic trials with Askin/Officer/Lawes?

The only downside is not getting as many pre-olympic trial reps in with her trials team.... but not a huge problem as JJ has probably clocked several hundred games with Officer, a couple hundred with Askin and at least a hundred with Baby K.

Old Post 03-31-12 01:16AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

If Jones heads to Ontario to marry Laing and live there the happiest person in Manitoba might just be Chelsea Carey.

I wonder what team JJ would team up with if she moved?

For sentimental reasons I'd like to see her skip Team Hanna.

But the smart money would have to be an alliance with Rachel Homan. Lesser odds working with Sherri Middaugh.

Old Post 03-31-12 01:20AM
Unregistered

Bahahaha.... you will believe anything anyone types!!!

JJ is definitely not engaged, but who knows what the future will bring.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 64.251.74.83

Old Post 03-31-12 02:19AM
Unregistered

quote:

So, in this scenario she could team with Homan/Miskew in quest of an Ontario provincial title and still go to the Olympic trials with Askin/Officer/Lawes?

hypothetically, yes.

How bout this scenario - Next year she plays with her current team at all the big money tour events. Provincially, jones hooks up with as you suggest, rachel homan. Perhaps they're the ontario reps at the scotties. Kaitlyn, dawn, jill and jennifer clark win manitoba

Do yah think an ontario vs manitoba match-up would create interest

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 03-31-12 05:20AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:

hypothetically, yes.

How bout this scenario - Next year she plays with her current team at all the big money tour events. Provincially, jones hooks up with as you suggest, rachel homan. Perhaps they're the ontario reps at the scotties. Kaitlyn, dawn, jill and jennifer clark win manitoba

Do yah think an ontario vs manitoba match-up would create interest

In our hypothetical world this would be a dream scenario for both Manitoba and especially Ontario curling as JJ curling in the Big Province would make a lot of media waves. K Lawes would then have a tremendous opportunity to make her mark as a skip, trying to shake off challenges from the usual manitoba suspects - Carey, Spencer, Joelle Brown, Jill Duguid, Cathy O, etc.

Old Post 03-31-12 08:53AM
albetts
Swing Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unregistered
She won't be playing out of manitoba for long, as she is now set to marry Brent Laing from Ontario. [/QUOTE

Maybe Brent would move to Manitoba and play second for McEwen. Oh my, this is getting out of hand. I'm starting to sound like ML

Old Post 03-31-12 12:03PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

No Brent is stayin put in Ontario, his son and business is there. JJ will have to follow him there if she isn't just using Him for the year or two, or as an excuse to have left Scott. Poor Brent he seems to get screwed over alot. She definately follows him around like a poodle.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.161.203.92

Old Post 04-01-12 05:07PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down give it a rest

As much as I am not a Jennifer Jones, leave her alone and enough with the rumor mill. Shut down this thread.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.46.207

Old Post 04-01-12 05:57PM
Unregistered

agreed. whoa, there is no need to make snide remarks about her personal life. no one here really knows the inner workings of her personal life, nor is it any of their business, nor is it their right to judge and post cruel untruths online.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 206.45.36.197

Old Post 04-03-12 09:24AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

As a lawyer - she will need to pass the bar in Ontario in order to practice here. If she does have a good career going in Winnipeg, she may not move.

Let's not buy the wedding present quite yet.

Old Post 04-03-12 02:05PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote