isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - 2012 World Women's Curling Championship
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (31): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

Dear UpYerKilt:

Please stop insulting all the women's teams in Manitoba. We are not weak. Our first, second and third seeded teams are in the top 10 in the Order of Merit list on the World curling tour. Alberta only had two.
And please don't forget, Jennifer finished first overall in the Scotties, and the entire team was the all-star team. Where was Nedohin? Oh yeah, she never made the all-star team.

Respectfully,
Cathy Overton-Clapham, Chelsey Carey, Barb Spencer.

I am not UpYerKilt retard, and if there was a half decent moderator on this board all those coming up with the false accusation that I am which is easily disproven by our IP addresses would be banned already. Not to mention only someone incredibly stupid could even read my posts and UpYerKilt's posts and think they are similar in posting style or tone, but there are alot of incedibly stupid people on this forum unfortunately, such as the last 3 posters in this thread.

Yes the Manitoba curlers aside form Jones are weak, look at the records of their teams at the Scoties the 4 times Jones was Team Canada. Only one year did they post even a decent record (and still missed the playoffs). It is a cakewalk to make it out of Manitoba when Jones has to.

So finishing first overall in round robin is what really matters, not winning the overall event? In that case I guess Jones comes out looking even worse, she was 4th or 5th in the RR two of the years she won. Thanks for playing.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-12 01:51PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by KittyHisses

I am not UpYerKilt retard, and if there was a half decent moderator on this board all those coming up with the false accusation that I am which is easily disproven by our IP addresses would be banned already. Not to mention only someone incredibly stupid could even read my posts and UpYerKilt's posts and think they are similar in posting style or tone, but there are alot of incedibly stupid people on this forum unfortunately, such as the last 3 posters in this thread.

Yes the Manitoba curlers aside form Jones are weak, look at the records of their teams at the Scoties the 4 times Jones was Team Canada. Only one year did they post even a decent record (and still missed the playoffs). It is a cakewalk to make it out of Manitoba when Jones has to.

So finishing first overall in round robin is what really matters, not winning the overall event? In that case I guess Jones comes out looking even worse, she was 4th or 5th in the RR two of the years she won. Thanks for playing.

The only thing that comes to mind when I read deluded garbage like this is - why do I bother reading deluded garbage like this?!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 216.73.76.62

Old Post 03-01-12 02:17PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

You are a delusional idiot, regardless of what you want us to call you.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.144.38.247

Old Post 03-01-12 02:58PM
Unregistered

quote:

Lol! You really are a peach! Cranky, delusional and WAY off base! But everyone has a good side.....we're just waiting for yours!

Old Post 03-01-12 03:05PM
Unregistered

quote:

Dear UpYerKilt:

Please stop insulting all the women's teams in Manitoba. We are not weak. Our first, second and third seeded teams are in the top 10 in the Order of Merit list on the World curling tour. Alberta only had two.
And please don't forget, Jennifer finished first overall in the Scotties, and the entire team was the all-star team. Where was Nedohin? Oh yeah, she never made the all-star team.

Respectfully,
Cathy Overton-Clapham, Chelsey Carey, Barb Spencer.

You're right, she wasn't on the all star team, but she was voted MVP for the entire event. Also, people don't forget that Team Nedohin has played in 3 of the last 4 Alberta provincial finals, so it's not like she was a surprise to win this year.

Go for gold ladies!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.191.251.155

Old Post 03-01-12 03:16PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

why is this turning into a debate about the qualit of teams in manitoba? take it to the appropriate thread

Old Post 03-01-12 03:56PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:

Which is why I always end up being right, and virtually all my predictions (especialy the ones criticized by the less intelligent folk here) end up being right, while idiots like yourself are frequently wrong. Again thanks for playing.

Old Post 03-01-12 04:03PM
KittyHisses is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KittyHisses Click here to Send KittyHisses a Private Message Find more posts by KittyHisses Add KittyHisses to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Talking

quote:

Which is why I always end up being right, and virtually all my predictions (especialy the ones criticized by the less intelligent folk here) end up being right, while idiots like yourself are frequently wrong. Again thanks for playing.

This post makes as much sense as your curling thoughts! Which, by the way, isn't very much. The fact that you consider yourself intelligent is the funniest thing I have read here today! Please keep trying to play!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.112.218.247

Old Post 03-01-12 05:31PM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:

This post makes as much sense as your curling thoughts! Which, by the way, isn't very much. The fact that you consider yourself intelligent is the funniest thing I have read here today! Please keep trying to play!

Compared to you and your fellow cowardly "unregistered" friends most anyones pinky finger would be intelligent, so that wouldnt be saying much. I am most definitely intelligent, far moreso than any of the idiots who have posted in the last page of this thread apart from misty1 who seems to be a good poster.

Old Post 03-01-12 08:38PM
hasbin
Harvey Hacksmasher

You are most definitely delusional kittyhisses. Jones was one...Cathy O was 3 and Carey 4 on the CTRS for this year. Not to mention nedohin was nowhere in sight on Ctrs....got hot at the right time, won Alberta and played great to win it all. But to say that jones is the only team in Manitoba and that she gets out easy is just plain delusional. That's why all curlers know your comments are a joke and not to be even considered for taking seriously.
Give it up.

Old Post 03-01-12 09:43PM
hasbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hasbin Click here to Send hasbin a Private Message Find more posts by hasbin Add hasbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

Compared to you and your fellow cowardly "unregistered" friends most anyones pinky finger would be intelligent, so that wouldnt be saying much. I am most definitely intelligent, far moreso than any of the idiots who have posted in the last page of this thread apart from misty1 who seems to be a good poster.

Quite seriously I think you might have the intelligence of say a George W. Bush . Just think guy, you may be as smart as a recent President of the USA. Congratulations.

Don't worry, reality/facts shouldn't get in the way of a good story. And you are definately a creative story teller. Have you met Manitoba Legend yet ? He likes to tell stories as well.

I suppose in 10 years we will all be sitting back discussing how great Nedohin's team was and their 4 or 5 Canadian Scotties. titles. Domination of that measuring stick and all.
After all your claim is they are head and shoulders better then J. Jones teams have been.

Only thing is, some of us are more grounded then you are. Its not going to happen.

Nine Ender

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 99.227.54.20

Old Post 03-01-12 10:56PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by hasbin
You are most definitely delusional kittyhisses. Jones was one...Cathy O was 3 and Carey 4 on the CTRS for this year. Not to mention nedohin was nowhere in sight on Ctrs....got hot at the right time, won Alberta and played great to win it all. But to say that jones is the only team in Manitoba and that she gets out easy is just plain delusional. That's why all curlers know your comments are a joke and not to be even considered for taking seriously.
Give it up.

KittyHisses is here to make Manitoba Legend seem sharp and intelligent. I think its working.

Old Post 03-01-12 11:01PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

come on guys can we please get this back on topic now

attacking each other isnt what this thread is for nor is it for a discussion of of the strength of manitoba

to often on here these threads get personal

Old Post 03-01-12 11:08PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Actually, when Jones sacked Cathy O it strengthened Manitoba ladies curling, which for years was JONES + everyone else.

Cathy O put together a last minute rag-tag team and got by Chel C Carey to get to the Scotts. Even though Cathy O's team was way over-matched her sole purpose, her Scotties gold medal game was to put a dagger in the heart of Jennifer Jones hopes. She won the little battle with Jones but Jones still came within a millimeter of taking down Hotstuff Holland in the final.

Chel C's team has ascended to one of the best in the country and only some late heroics by JJ prevented Carey from showing up in Red Deer as Manitoba reps.

Cathy O has also had time to clean out the lockers of all her iffy players from last year and mounted a great charge on the cash circuit this season. Still, lingering doubts remain about Cathy O's shot-making skills under severe late end pressure. And she's not getting any younger - almost as old as Chery Bernard.

JJ was also rocked by a group of club-curlers at the manitoba championships and also beaten by veteran Barb Spencer, who was on a hotsy streak until the playoff weekend where she ran out of gas.

Here's my predictions if someone other than Jones repped Manitoba

Carey - 7-4
Cathy O - 6-5
Spencer - 5-6
Jill Thurston - 4-7

Old Post 03-02-12 08:02AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:

I must admit that I am perplexed as to how someone who claims to be so intelligent cannot see the obvious fact that they are not.

Old Post 03-02-12 09:26AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:

I must admit that I am perplexed as to how someone who claims to be so intelligent cannot see the obvious fact that they are not.

In social work circles we call this a connundrum!!!

Old Post 03-02-12 09:38AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

In social work circles we call this a connundrum!!!

Old Post 03-02-12 09:43AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
why is this turning into a debate about the qualit of teams in manitoba? take it to the appropriate thread

I think its hard for Curlers to be objective when assessing world events. Personally, I'm guessing Canada wins a bronze medal this year. Roughly speaking, I think they have a rollercoaster week, scratch their way into the playoffs, and lose one of their playoff games. So anywhere from silver to losing a tie break. In other words, I'm less confidant in this team then most Canadians. I personally think they haven't nearly peaked yet in terms of their potential.

I would say if they catch some breaks they might win gold, but I also think they could miss the playoffs. They just don't have the track record to really know.

I'm also predicting Glenn Howard wins the Brier and dominates the world championship, ending all the talk about poor results.
Not many players could match that world event record if he succeeds.

If I'm wrong, so be it. I though J. Jones would win the Scotties but I never expected K. Lawes to lose her game at the end.

Nine Ender

Old Post 03-02-12 03:21PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:

I think its hard for Curlers to be objective when assessing world events. Personally, I'm guessing Canada wins a bronze medal this year. Roughly speaking, I think they have a rollercoaster week, scratch their way into the playoffs, and lose one of their playoff games. So anywhere from silver to losing a tie break. In other words, I'm less confidant in this team then most Canadians. I personally think they haven't nearly peaked yet in terms of their potential.

I would say if they catch some breaks they might win gold, but I also think they could miss the playoffs. They just don't have the track record to really know.

I'm also predicting Glenn Howard wins the Brier and dominates the world championship, ending all the talk about poor results.
Not many players could match that world event record if he succeeds.

If I'm wrong, so be it. I though J. Jones would win the Scotties but I never expected K. Lawes to lose her game at the end.

Nine Ender

i dont think heather would miss the playoffs. i dont think there's enough teams there that could beat them as long as they stay close to their scotties level.

main threats are sweden, switzerland and scotland

losses to the us, denmark, russia and china are possible but not as likely if they stay close to that level.

i predict between an 8-3 or 7-4 round robin finish for them

Old Post 03-02-12 04:00PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

i dont think heather would miss the playoffs. i dont think there's enough teams there that could beat them as long as they stay close to their scotties level.

main threats are sweden, switzerland and scotland

losses to the us, denmark, russia and china are possible but not as likely if they stay close to that level.

i predict between an 8-3 or 7-4 round robin finish for them

You are vastly underestimating China's potential. One of the very best skips at the event, a proven winner. If those women start the event with some energy, look out field they will be tough to beat.

Old Post 03-02-12 04:50PM
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:

You are vastly underestimating China's potential. One of the very best skips at the event, a proven winner. If those women start the event with some energy, look out field they will be tough to beat.

the only reason im not really listing china as a top threat is because i simply dont know wht the hell to expect from them this year.

they have been all over the place all season. Looked good at the continental cup but shortly after were average in an event in japan

so i simply dont know. However you are right if they play like they did at the continental cup they'll be a force to be reckoned with. I think the line up shuffling might be hurting them

Old Post 03-02-12 05:09PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

The key to winning a Brier, a world championship or Olympic gold is SUSTAINED CONSISTENCY.

The best example of SUSTAINED CONSISTENCY in the mens game is Glen Howard, no doubt. Howard will always have his men at the top or near top of percentages.

Howard's sustained level of consistency even exceeds other superlative curling teams like Kevin Martin, Jeff Stoughton, Randy Ferbey, J-L Menard, Kerry Burtnyk, Mike McEwen, Brad Bundy, etc.

Only one in Howard's league right now is K Koe.

In women's SUSTAINED CONSISTENCY is not that important. You have to map out a way to the playoffs and then catch fire and grab onto SUSTAINED CONSISTENCY, just like Nedohin & co. did last week.

Too many past examples to look at it any other way. Jones has come from back of the pack, same with Holland, Colleen Jones, a few others. Only one who was sustained was Schmirler and even she got hosed up a couple times at the Scotties.

Old Post 03-02-12 05:19PM
gameon
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think any Canadian should be cheering for Heather for obvious reasons… only one team left standing after all of the districts, provincials and Canadians I’ll be working stats and timers at the event and CMAO for Canada… good luck girls.

Old Post 03-02-12 08:38PM
gameon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gameon Click here to Send gameon a Private Message Find more posts by gameon Add gameon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by hasbin
Give it up.

So you, some random internet loser, now speak for all curlers. Thanks for the laughs.

Last edited by KittyHisses on 03-04-12 at 05:36PM

Old Post 03-04-12 05:32PM
KittyHisses
Swing Artist

quote:
Quite seriously I think you might have the intelligence of say a George W. Bush .

Considering the man (while I am not a fan) was a president of the United States and lives a life of luxury you could only dream of, this comment meant as an insult is infinite proof of your epic stupidity.

Old Post 03-04-12 05:35PM