isMobile: 0 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/sidepolls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/sidepolls.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 835 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/create_frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 872 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'fileinc/frontthreads_xml.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/curlingzone.com/dev/global.php on line 873 CurlingZone - Heather Nedohin's Sour Grapes
Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
CurlingZone Mobile App Now Free!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SendInTheClowns
Hitting Paint

Heather Nedohin's Sour Grapes

"I thought the Koreans came out not to play against us," said Nedohin. "They were extremely defensive right from the get-go. The only entertaining end was the last one. She did make a pistol, it was a great shot to win, absolutely. I just wish the game was more of a game. Maybe it's a good tactic against us, to play extremely boring. Congratulations to them, they got a 'W' out of it. I just don't think it was an entertaining game whatsoever."

Allen Cameron's Story:
http://blogs.calgaryherald.com/2012...ed-enough-said/

"Even God can't hit a 1-iron," he joked.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-12 08:12PM
SendInTheClowns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SendInTheClowns Click here to Send SendInTheClowns a Private Message Find more posts by SendInTheClowns Add SendInTheClowns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Not sour grapes but great analysis.

Korea did what they had to do to win. They were coached to defeat Canada.

The Otter will have some answers for the Watson girls.

Old Post 03-24-12 08:33PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

I put the blame on Heather - it takes two to play such a boring game. Korean's did what they had to do to win.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 71.7.248.185

Old Post 03-24-12 09:33PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

So what did Canada do to make it more entertaining? Nedohin went right along with the Koreans, she had chances to be a lot more aggressive, but never pushed the issue. So, the Koreans had a plan, and followed it. TSN said early that Nedohin didn't have a plan for the Koreans - that she would play it shot by shot. Are you kidding me?
BTW, The last shot by Korea was relatively simple, hardly something I would describe as "a pistol".
Both teams have to buy in to make it a "boring" game.
I don't know if it's sour grapes, but it sure sounds like a bad "whine".

Old Post 03-24-12 09:34PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Good article by Al Cameron (see home page of CZ) for link. Bang on! Glad someone is not afraid to put whiny Heather in her place.

Old Post 03-24-12 10:25PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
par89

Don't understand why TC did't go for K's rock on 2nd's first shot - they had opportunity there to only give K a shot at one and have last rock in extra.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 74.93.251.213

Old Post 03-24-12 10:33PM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

Cameron reports that the S. Korean media outlets are going nuts over this win....GOOD!!!

Old Post 03-24-12 10:38PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Click here to Send AK267 a Private Message Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

I think Heather's absolutely right, the game was so boring until the final end. Maybe she shouldn't have said that to the media, but I agree with her 100%. She gave the Korean's credit as well, she's just being honest. Really she's only saying what most people are thinking. I don't think it's sour grapes at all.

Old Post 03-24-12 10:40PM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingNut1994
I think Heather's absolutely right, the game was so boring until the final end. Maybe she shouldn't have said that to the media, but I agree with her 100%. She gave the Korean's credit as well, she's just being honest. Really she's only saying what most people are thinking. I don't think it's sour grapes at all.

Whether the game was boring or not isn't really the point. That's subjective. I wasn't bored at all.

What I find questionable is why the entertainment value was such a big deal to Nedohin and as it apparently was, why didn't she do something about it?

Old Post 03-24-12 11:00PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

She is high strung and she got sucked in to an interview.. Never talk to a reporter

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

Old Post 03-24-12 11:36PM
CurlingNut1994
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Dackle

Whether the game was boring or not isn't really the point. That's subjective. I wasn't bored at all.

What I find questionable is why the entertainment value was such a big deal to Nedohin and as it apparently was, why didn't she do something about it?

Yeah I see your point. But I don't get how you could find that game entertaining. No great shots were really made except in the final end. Almost half the game were blank ends. Hardly any rocks in play.

But I do agree with you that Heather should have been able to get the Koreans to play with more rocks in play. Team Canada didn't execute play and simple, that's why they lost. Heather was frustrated I'm sure that's why she came out and said the things she said. Plus apparently the Koreans played more aggressively throughout the week including against Canada. I bet that's why Heather wasn't impressed with the way they played today. Just a guess though.

Old Post 03-25-12 12:13AM
CurlingNut1994 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingNut1994 Click here to Send CurlingNut1994 a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingNut1994 Add CurlingNut1994 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
InOffFor4
Harvey Hacksmasher

Those comments are embarrasing. Thank god her fluke run is over...

Old Post 03-25-12 01:08AM
InOffFor4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for InOffFor4 Find more posts by InOffFor4 Add InOffFor4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingNut1994

Hether had control after they stole so there was no urgency to get into it. Had control until last rock or in the 10th when they were suddenly in trouble. No sour grapes from her

Old Post 03-25-12 02:14AM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tookthetrip
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by InOffFor4

AMEN!

Play the game the way you need in order to win. If you lose, suck it up...

After watching her play in the Alberta playdowns I can't believe she won Alberta, let alone Canada. Not Canada's best representative that's for sure! I wouldn't mind them representing Canada the one time if she wasn't such a show-boater. Save your on-screen antics after every shot - we don't need to see them!

Old Post 03-25-12 02:15AM
tookthetrip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tookthetrip Click here to Send tookthetrip a Private Message Find more posts by tookthetrip Add tookthetrip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by InOffFor4

Tiime to get over the measurement JJ or JJ fanatic!! This is really getting old!

Old Post 03-25-12 02:27AM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nine Ender
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Tap Back

Hether had control after they stole so there was no urgency to get into it. Had control until last rock or in the 10th when they were suddenly in trouble. No sour grapes from her

Heather had absolutely no control the whole game. She got outskipped by the Korean. If you truly believe you are the better team, you don't set up to be one up without in the 10th. You don't try to make your best offensive effort a steal of one.

10 end game, four rock rule, great ice. You're not playing Kevin Martin. So many options. Double guards, come arounds, freezes, ... .

Hitting an outside rock with running weight is a choice.

No doubt it hurts to have a good shot at a world title and lose the way they did ( blowing a strong RR placement against Italy, letting the Koreans dictate play to them today ). Bitter pill to swallow but they had some great moments and the Canadian title they get to keep.

Last edited by Nine Ender on 03-25-12 at 02:46AM

Old Post 03-25-12 02:34AM
Nine Ender is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nine Ender Click here to Send Nine Ender a Private Message Find more posts by Nine Ender Add Nine Ender to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Nine Ender

Heather had absolutely no control the whole game. She got totally ouskipped by the Korean. If you truly believe you are the better team, you don't set up to be one up without in the 10th. You don't try to make your best offensive effort a steal of one.

10 end game, four rock rule, great ice. You're not playing Kevin Martin. So many options. Double guards, come arounds, freezes, ... .

Hitting an outside rock with running weight is a choice.

They had cotrol if they make all their shots in 10. It is scary being up without in 10 and everyone who curls knows exactly the feeling. Some time you cannot set up your final end situation and have to play the cards you were dealt. I still think the double was the shot to play as the raise was so very simple for Korea.

Old Post 03-25-12 02:45AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Tap Back

Tiime to get over the measurement JJ or JJ fanatic!! This is really getting old!

You actually think jennifer jones under that user name would write anything ... OMFG!!!

Actually, what gets old are the idoits/trolls on this site that are so jealous of a curler and a woman they dont know, its friggin hillarious!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.83.43.125

Old Post 03-25-12 03:01AM
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

You actually think jennifer jones under that user name would write anything ... OMFG!!!

Actually, what gets old are the idoits/trolls on this site that are so jealous of a curler and a woman they dont know, its friggin hillarious!

More likely a fanatic as I do not think JJ would stoop to that for sure. Just getting very tired of noncurlers saying she does not belong there because she earned the right to wear the Maple Leaf and that is the end of that story.

Old Post 03-25-12 03:11AM
alex
Harvey Hacksmasher

One up coming home should win but it's tight. In retrospect should have forced the issue earlier. Many ends boring but just as much Canada's fault. I still think Canadians win if they mix it up.

Old Post 03-25-12 03:27AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

The truth hurts

Out skipped by a newbie. Plain and simple.

Beware of curlers wearing rubber boots!

Old Post 03-25-12 07:39AM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

It is fascinating how people will dog on teams that are not their "favorite" team. Everyone has their favorites which is great but if that favorite doesn't win the Scotties look out, their mission becomes looking for any reason to knock them down. Now she is out and I am seeing comments like she "fluked" the scotties (thanks for the insight Inoff and tookthetrip). You don't win a National Championship on a fluke.
I like Nedohin I think she brings life into a normally listless women's game at times. She is a firecracker and wears her emotions on her sleeve and there is nothing wrong with that. As for what she said in the interview, well intense people say intense things. And like it or not comments in an interview get taken out of context or edited all the time making them sound worse than they are. Maybe that is not what happened here but is what she said sour grapes, no way. I mean does anyone remember Stoughton on Gushue during those infamous trials, I mean come on. What she said is true Korea did play a wide open game and rightfully so, any coach worth their salt would have gone the same direction with an inexperienced team playing against one that on paper is far superior. Heather got sucked into that game no doubt and was playing more to "not lose" than "to win" and the price she paid was a loss.
But lets face it as much as she has been around for a while, quite frankly she came out of nowhere this year pulled off winning the Scotties and was on the world stage for the first time in forever and in her home province, under those circumstances this could happen to the majority of teams in that situation. She will learn from it and move forward. Further to that may have just been a bad weekend and anyone who has played this game at a high level knows that can happen. (One recent example to anyone with short memories is Martin losing 2 times to Brock Virtue, I mean really!) I will get slammed for this post I am sure because a number of people on this site with view it as my saying people can't have an opinion. Not so, have all the opinions you want, questions shot making, strategy etc...I say bring on the debate but personal attacks, lack of any respect is just weak minded and a waste of everyones time but then again as I have learned in following this site many of those trolls seem to have a lot of time on their hands.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 156.34.61.39

Old Post 03-25-12 07:42AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

There are some great teams in Alberta and Heather bested all of them at the Alta championships.... so lets put an end to the rumour she wasn't good enough!

She was! And then she bested two great champions at the Scotties - the 1/100th of an inch win vs. JJ; put an exclamation mark on Kelly Scott and stomped the former champ into submission....

However, many reasons we saw Heather emerge from Alberta:

1. The Great Kleibrink is near the end of her rope, had some illness problems and changed part of her team.

2. Bernard had that one great Olympic trials year culminating in her great Olympic silver run. But she's no longer that competitive, either on cash circuits or in Alberta playdowns (with the final 6 to 8 Alberta teams)

3. Crystal Webster still has clouds of doubt about her skipping and clutch shot-making abilities. If they want to win its probably time for Erin Carmody or GL Ramsey to step up and throw final stones.

4. Val Sweeting made it thru a couple years back but she hasn't returned to that glory

5. Other nice teams like Kaufman Sisters, Scheidegger and now the young one who won the canadian juniors. Lots of good young teams.

6. Amy Nixon has broken free of Kleibrink but she's unproven as a skip. But based on experience and noise level you have to put her in the Alberta Top 10, perhaps Top 8

I don't think we've heard the last of Heather Ned - she made huge noise in Alberta and the Scotties, had a good run at the Worlds. Unless Webster can get her stuff together I see Nedohin dominating Alberta for at least one more year, perhaps even two.

Old Post 03-25-12 08:53AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

Heather let Korea dictate the style of game. It was clear from the first few ends that Korea wanted to play hits, keep it open, simple and low scoring. And Heather let them do exactly that. She needed to get more rocks in play, complicate the ends and force them into finesse shots. She has only herself to blame.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 64.231.153.121

Old Post 03-25-12 08:53AM
RADIOCANADA499

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
There are some great teams in Alberta and Heather bested all of them at the Alta championships.... so lets put an end to the rumour she wasn't good enough!

She was! And then she bested two great champions at the Scotties - the 1/100th of an inch win vs. JJ; put an exclamation mark on Kelly Scott and stomped the former champ into submission....

However, many reasons we saw Heather emerge from Alberta:

1. The Great Kleibrink is near the end of her rope, had some illness problems and changed part of her team.

2. Bernard had that one great Olympic trials year culminating in her great Olympic silver run. But she's no longer that competitive, either on cash circuits or in Alberta playdowns (with the final 6 to 8 Alberta teams)

3. Crystal Webster still has clouds of doubt about her skipping and clutch shot-making abilities. If they want to win its probably time for Erin Carmody or GL Ramsey to step up and throw final stones.

4. Val Sweeting made it thru a couple years back but she hasn't returned to that glory

5. Other nice teams like Kaufman Sisters, Scheidegger and now the young one who won the canadian juniors. Lots of good young teams.

6. Amy Nixon has broken free of Kleibrink but she's unproven as a skip. But based on experience and noise level you have to put her in the Alberta Top 10, perhaps Top 8

I don't think we've heard the last of Heather Ned - she made huge noise in Alberta and the Scotties, had a good run at the Worlds. Unless Webster can get her stuff together I see Nedohin dominating Alberta for at least one more year, perhaps even two.

We know ned will be at the scotties next year as canada so theres no question about next year

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 70.24.23.77

Old Post 03-25-12 09:06AM